Seas Jail idea

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Seas Jail idea

Post by ParaworldFan »

Game contains two Jail models. I will speak about the second one which can only be seen where was Ada imprisoned. This model doesn’t have any doors, exits, enters. I long time thought what function this building could do and here is my idea:
Make this building like hero jail
Works like bunker but abit different
When the enemy player’s hero dies this unit is doing same action like if he was boarding on transport or in bunker. It’s automatically disappears from map, and the owner of hero can see abit in FOW Round jail where been hero. The hero can escape from jail only by the player destroying the building. Players hero still taking sloth in army controller, but it cannot be deleted, level upped or downed, until hero will be freed. Jail planning being a specific mirage epoch 6 building, which also increases unit limit, and costs much of resources. Jail can capacy max three heroes. No matter how big distance between hero and jail, it will automatically be placed in prison, except from action if hero was killed by its own owner or if it was on ship and just died in water. Imprisoned hero cannot be also revived in tavern. So, what do you think?
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Seas Jail idea

Post by Scrat »

i like the idea, sounds very cool
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Yeah, but I need Henry’s help in script modifying.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Aside from it being hard to code, it complicates the gameplay too much to be honest. And would screw up AI badly as well (I know it from experience, because some of the current server options do it already)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

It was the best idea for this building. Other idea was make it like mine for skulls
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

ParaworldFan, the game doesn't require the model to be used by players at all cost. Especially if the functionality is that much complicated :)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Henry, I still want to try it. I just need a help, where to start searching and trying. And please, stop disclosing my Furry name🤯🤯🤯
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

this idea is way more complicated than you seem to imagine, you should better start with smaller stuff
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

In .usl scripting you mean?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

MrMorgana wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 17:47 pm ParaworldFan, the game doesn't require the model to be used by players at all cost. Especially if the functionality is that much complicated :)
The seas_big_tent, seas_small_tent, seas_taslow_machine, seas_mine, seas_warpgate, seas_labaratory, seas_hq_bunker, seas_hq_speaker, seas_hq_defence_turret, seas_hq_big cannon, seas_hq_machine_gun also doesn’t required to be used in game. Excluding defend buildings they all mostly decoration objects with HP. But mirage bring them functionality, made them more than just deco object which can be destroyed. Same thing I am trying to do with jail. That’s what called modding.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

I don't fully agree with that. When SEAS was only used in campaign by AI, it was really not necessary to integrate them. After SEAS had become playable in multiplayer, some buildings were necessary to be added (warpgate, siege staircase for example), others were good hero special candidates (e.g. speaker).
But now they pretty much have everything needed, unless we separate animal and machine production into two buildings.
Just for the sake of adding an unused building to SEAS its not a good thing, but if you come up with such an idea, which is too complicated to code, and punishes using heroes, it is even worse. What were integrated before are fairly simply, the most complicated is Taslow's machine. Creating a hero prison would take too much time to code, and then deal with all the problem (namely bugs) it causes.
Also, there are a billion models which could be integrated into multiplayer for other tribes as well (just look at amazon, pirate and barbarian stuff), but we don't waste time and energy to do so in the name of "modding".
IF you are so eager to that model, come up with a better idea.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Amazon and barbarian stuff is fully deco objects Henry. Like pub. And here is better idea... in previous build, I was seeing there was a a horn, which was acting like Dino nest of James warden, it was spawning Valhalla infantry and it doesn’t took any place in army controller, just like nest animals. It was just acting like defenders of area around it. What, if we do that with Jail? Like force them to spawn, killers or ice spearman’s? Or another idea, but probably be as well complicated. It’s reducing army capacity of enemy. Like even if enemy had 52/52 as long as building standing enemy have for example, 46/52?
And btw, I remember there was Pirate outpost, which was mainly decoration, but it was used in Cep or seas mod, before, I remember that😁
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

ParaworldFan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 18:05 pm It was the best idea for this building. Other idea was make it like mine for skulls
Or like I mentioned, we can use this building as fabric of recourse harvesting, mainly - skulls, as long time ago Dryfun mentioned that each tribe have their own specific building for specific resource, (excluding food ofc) except SEAS. But I and Scrat tried to do that only through TechTree and it doesn’t worked. Probably require coding. Or seas jail, can be like building similar to scarecrow, like creating big aura of defense or damage reducing for enemy infantry and heroes, or like disabling auras of heroes, in their area. Idk, I mostly like the last idea about heroes aura, idk how complicated this things are.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

There were many buildings like those in MIRAGE too, but they have been removed for a good reason. The skull farming is an easier thing to code that's for sure, although i think it's not really comparable to normal resources, because skull is the best 'resource', and can be even exchanged for other resources. Aura building is even easier to make, but they work best, if you can place many scattered in a big area, and the size of the jail is kinda limiting that. But definitely a much better idea.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

That’s will be main thing of jail, model size. Despite of being really big on cramped maps like single or just two players skirmish, players can’t build much of them, but the jails will get the pretty good radius. Also jails will be limited to two only, available only on 6 epoch, and get lot of HP and armor, so I guess it will be a good supporting building to protect mainbase. Large size, but much powerful aura than for example seas_discruptor
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

what if you use the building as decoy :) just build it and people nearby think your base is this way but it really isn't. Make it cost 10 wood or something similar low and its only purpose is confusing the enemy :D
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

That’s not funny Scrat
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 17:51 pm what if you use the building as decoy :) just build it and people nearby think your base is this way but it really isn't. Make it cost 10 wood or something similar low and its only purpose is confusing the enemy :D
that is the best idea i ever heard :D
you made me laugh a good one, thanks mate ^^
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Glad you are all cheered up guys
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

glad to read, Henry my old friend :)

how about this: with an upgrade it can turn invisible at random times :) maybe we should amp up the psychological warfare tactics in Paraworld lol

ParaworldFan, mate, those two buildings are simply not necessary for mirage. the only purpose i could think of is replacing some other buildings that have worse models, but i doubt there are any of those left. so as custom map defender objects or something like that they might suffice
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

-_-
.....................................................................................................
No one supports of my idea to add more new stuff using, colorful animated models
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

We do support it, but only if the added stuff has a viable purpose. Shoehorning stuff into mirage just for the sake of using every tiny bit of resources and models we have available is not a good strategy. For a custom map along the lines of Divided World or something like that it would be a fine purpose, but I don't see any use in putting them in the not the main (mirage) game.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

And their is human justice....
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Blaming me that I want add two buildings, which have whole set, animations, and was buildings actually just because they can be useful, while everyone other was a add it in mirage weird fun stuff, like horn, volcano, graveyard and other which was no need in it. Seas disruptor, or seas healing well? Both not supposed to be used for seas skirmish. They not hero buildings, and not they on epoch 6, so you can’t call it fun imbalanced stuff. And you are don’t give me a chance to add experimental stuff on epoch 6 and do exactly the same what you all rp were doing long time ago, just like because you don’t want too....I don’t have interest to do coding, like you all did for seas mine and pub. Because like you mentioned that s complicated and there could be infinity combinations of this types of buildings. Also, all campaign objects was used, mostly all buildings... one way or another. Seas scorpion....which even don’t have walk animation is enormously big for titan still in mod as titan. Fair guys very fair, allowed everything for others, and nothing for news, because someone thinks there is no use.... I am not sure that the ones who were adding stuff were asking others if they agree with news...
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zidell »

Its like someone doesnt allow you to do this. You just want someone to do it for you, because you yourself cant but we have other things to do than fulfill your desires

Return to “English”