Mods for Paraworld

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
Ktech

Mods for Paraworld

Post by Ktech »

I'd like to create a mod for Paraworld that's set in the future of the game adding new units dino's and maps are any of these possible as I will not be editing any of the existing tribes and there units but creating new ones I have idea's such as advanced units from the original such as an armoured variant of the trike (machine one) with higher health I would also like to add new wild dino's but as stated I'm not sure this is possible right now any help is welcomed
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Mods for Paraworld

Post by Scrat »

Hi, welcome to the forum!

1. Adding new maps is possible - download Boosterpack 2 with this link http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1128 and install it, start the SDK Mapeditor, read the manual and go. :)
2. Adding new units is possible, but those new units cannot use different models than the units that exist in Paraworld already. If you wanted to add a new sauropod for example, it could have new damage and hp values, but it would have to look like one of the existing dinos already. the only thing that can be changed here is the skin. for example, compare the allosaurus and the tarbosaurus closely. it's the same dino model with different skin texture. same goes for the wild t-rex and the giganotosaurus. even if we created new models in Blender or something, we cannot add new models into the game since we lack the tools for that.
3. Like I said, you could for example create a new unit that looks like a trike but has different hp, armor etc. values, but it would look like a trike, you can only give it a different skin.

We are working on the Mirage mod since a few years and it does pretty much that. We were able to create new units, make the SEAS playable etc.
If you want to chat with us and maybe hop on board our modding team, come to the Tavern, we are there mostly in the evenings (central european time). http://www.para-welt.com/tavern
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zidell »

We can duplicate models and make different textures for them
Also we can remove some models parts
Dharko

Post by Dharko »

Hi:
I am changing unit textures to 1024 x 1024res, I want to show You some WIP images, any soft to obtain pictures ingame please?

DryFun:
How to remove the housecolor? is possible? the housecolor hides the new textures ¬¬

Paraworld FTW °_°
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zidell »

It's impossible
Maybe if only modify the scripts
But idk
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -