ParaWorld Petition

NarkingHam

ParaWorld Petition

Post by NarkingHam »

Hey so I have a few questions and I think any ParaWorld Fan would agree with me. I have just shown about 10 of my friends ParaWorld and they love the crap out of it and that being said I know that SEK was bought by Ubisoft, no sure how long ago but I think that Ubisoft should remaster ParaWorld with new graphics and a new multiplayer system to make the experience much more better with re done things. Now I know that this might not happen but it's an awesome thought about making a sequel or if not make this a remastered edition. Please give me some insight on what you would think!!! :D :D :D
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: ParaWorld Petition

Post by Scrat »

1. Ubisoft didn't buy the SEK. Ubisoft bought Sunflowers.
2. The SEK doesn't exist anymore. Until some years ago, some of the developers were among us. Not anymore as they all seem to have moved on.
3. Of course we'd all be happy for a sequel, but we have to face it: Ubisoft doesn't give a damn about Paraworld. They never have. They bought Sunflowers so they could have the rights on the Anno-series and they let Paraworld rot in some basement.

The only sequel we can expect is the one we make ourselves. But that's not so bad. Paraworld came out almost 10 years ago and people are still loving it and playing it, in e.g. 2010 nobody would have thought that in 2015 people would still be visiting this forum. :)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

It would be great if they made a Remastered Edition. But all the software got scattered after the end of Sunflowers. You would need the entire development tools and code and then try to update it to be used in conjunction with modern software. A new dinosaur for example has to be imported (mesh, textures, animations, rigging points for riders etc) and that needs someone to make the 3d Studio files readable in the game. The old tools for that were lost or are scattered among different places/people/companies. Some parts of the tool would probably have to be entirely rebuilt to make new content. Probably not worth the effort.
NarkingHam

Post by NarkingHam »

Thanks you guys for giving some insight on this topic, I hope that maybe the SunFlower section or Ubisoft in whole will come to see that ParaWorld Deserves the Next-Gen Remaster or a new sequel. I hope it comes true some day so I can show my kids this awesome game :D
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

NarkingHam wrote:Thanks you guys for giving some insight on this topic, I hope that maybe the SunFlower section or Ubisoft in whole will come to see that ParaWorld Deserves the Next-Gen Remaster or a new sequel. I hope it comes true some day so I can show my kids this awesome game :D
even if it doesn't come true, you still will be able to show them this game :D
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

and all the mods that have been made in the past years :D
NarkingHam

Post by NarkingHam »

Hell yeah! I just hope that they don't prefer Graphics over experience

Return to “English”