Lan and Direct IP Broken. . . HELP!!!

NarkingHam

Lan and Direct IP Broken. . . HELP!!!

Post by NarkingHam »

Good evening or morning to whoever is reading this. I'm having a problem with the LAN Multiplayer Service and the Direct IP are not working for my friend and I, for example the LAN would show no games showing up for the current Version of Paraworld CEP and with the mappack and the boosterpack 2.0. We are currently using the same CD Key and Direct IP fails to connect after 20 tries. Information on our Operating Systems are: Windows 10 and Windows 7, Booster pack 2.0, Community Expansion Pack 1.2.2, Windows 7 fix. Please HELP!!!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Lan and Direct IP Broken. . . HELP!!!

Post by AnthonyCole »

Hi,

1. You cannot use the same CD-Key (game will fail to start for one player). Just google "Paraworld CD Key" and you will find a new one that works. Use the Settings Tool to erase the lines where the Key and its Hash are stored.
2. Check Windows Firewall. Maybe it is preventing it.
3. Hamachi will break Paraworlds Netcode. Make sure to uninstall it.
4. You can go to the options menu and look at its bottom to make sure that you both started the same version. Cheats will also prevent multiplayer.
5. If you play over Internet, you need to forward ports in your router. Use google to find out how you do it for your specific router. You need to forward TCP 1905 to your local machine (only the host needs to do that).
6. Check if you can ping each other with cmd.exe. If you don't know how to do that, use google :) Not being able to ping the other computer usually means that you are not in a LAN (but it could also be turned off in control panel).
NarkingHam

Post by NarkingHam »

So for changing out the CD Key what do I do with the Hash? Does it fill it's in when I add a new key or do I need to do that on my own with another search?
NarkingHam

Post by NarkingHam »

So for changing out the CD Key what do I do with the Hash? Does it fill it's in when I add a new key or do I need to do that on my own with another search?
NarkingHam

Post by NarkingHam »

Alright I was able to uninstall Hamachi, Find a new CD Key for the other computer, we have the same Versions, and I believe that I do not have cheats on unless. The CEP counts as one. Anyways the only thing I haven't done is remove the KeyHash for the opposite computer because I'm confused as to what to do with it and I didn't make a Port forwarding for my router. Now my question is that would I have to make a Port to play Direct IPs and Lan?
:?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Only remove the Key/Hash lines on one machine and use another Cdkey there (it will ask on the next startup, just delete the lines, save, and start).
You both need to start the exact same version (if you want to play with CEP, you must both launch PW with CEP shortcut).
If you are already in a LAN, you don't need to forward the port.
If you are not, you can access your routers configuration by entering a certain IP address in your browser (often 192.168.178.1 or 192.168.0.1). There you can probably somewhere add the port forwarding. Since I do not know your specific router, you would do best to search for a tutorial on how to do it with your model. When it asks for a protocol and port number, use TCP and enter 1905 as the number (Paraworld's default port). When you play over the internet, the one with the forwarded port needs to give out his external IP address (find it out there for example: https://www.whatismyip.com/ ).
NarkingHam

Post by NarkingHam »

Alright I was able to play with my friend on his own Wifi with Direct IP, the only question I want to know is I'm trying to port forward it as we speak and what are the ports for ParaWorld beside 1905, being said will this allow me to play PW with Friends from different towns if I do Port Forwarding Correctly?
:?:
NarkingHam

Post by NarkingHam »

Alright man nevermind it works to it's hearts content thanks for giving me a hand!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

no problem :) Paraworld does not need additional ports. See here: http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1338

Return to “English”