A couple of questions

EmperorGricer

A couple of questions

Post by EmperorGricer »

Before I start, I just want to say hello. I've been playing this amazing game for a couple years now but haven't really mixed together with my fellow Paralovers until now. Also, I tend to say "so yeah" a lot. So, yeah. Back to the point.

I've got 3 questions.
The first is, how do you get infantry units to mount mountable walls (The Governor's walls and the upgraded Norsemen walls)? I've tried many things, but none of them work. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something wrong with my game? Or is this a scrapped concept and the devs simply forgot to remove all mention of it?

Second, about the CEP, Big Mappack and Mirage mods. Is there any particular order I need to download them in, or can I simply download them in any order? (I have the boosterpack installed, BTW)

Third, is there any chance Paraworld might receive the same treatment as Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? It's been 8 years since the games release, so it doesn't seem likely there will ever be an official sequel, so is it possible the community's programmers might get together and make a fan-made one? I myself am not very skilled with computers (Heck, after a while of not using my old computer that I use to play Paraworld, I struggles to find the Program Files map), so I unfortunately can't really be of any assistance besides simple feedback if this does happen, but I think it would be a shame to have this game's legacy become lost in time due to compatibility issues.

Edit: Oops. I accidentaly posted this twice. Could somebody please delete one of these?
PhelX
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Re: A couple of questions

Post by PhelX »

Hello and welcome Emperor Gricer :D
1. Your units should mount the wall when left-clicking on it but your troops need a stairway to upstairs that means you need towers and and a gate integrated in to your wall, otherwise they cannot mount the wall. You should turn the camera with Alt+Mouse so that you look ON the walls so you can better command your troops that they go ON the walls and not behind ...

2. First if all you need to install the boosterpack and then the CEP or MIRAGE and after that you should install the mappack to have some maps you can play on. All of these downloads are available at this forum and all are Setups (you just have to run them and voila)

3. And no there will never be a sequel of Paraworld because the Tools to edit Paraworld and his engine or something arent available. It is not even possible to make new dinosaur species. Things included in the game can be edited, but not more. I think a sequel won't be released but it is somehow unnecessary because CEP and MIRAGE make the game so much cooler
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Hi!
So, yeah:

1. Correct, you need towers or siege units (Mirage/CEP only afaik?)

2. Actually, the order for installing CEP/Mirage/Mappack should not matter at all. (But I hope you downloaded the latest (lol) files ;) )

3. A sequel is unlikely. We can mod ParaWorld, but we cannot add new models (yet?). (We actually couldn't do much more at first, but over the years we found out quite a lot of stuff :D )
The company behind ParaWorld is long dead and the rights of the game are now at Ubisoft. Which is a shame because they couldn't care less about old games (you don't make money with them, so why should they bother).
We planned a 2D version some time ago - kind of demake. But that has gone nowhere so far :)
EmperorGricer

Post by EmperorGricer »

1: I've tried that, but it just doesn't work. :(

2: Alright, thanks!

3: No, I don't mean editing the game itself to create a sequel. I meant to make one from scratch.
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

ok for the walls you will need to have a tower inserted into the walls or a gate its no good if the tower is just next to a wall it needs to be built into it then you need to just right click on the part of wall you want them to go to. Also its easier to do this with individual units as doing them as a group they will often just stand next to the wall without going up it. Also you can't mount an allies wall only ones that you build yourself. should the wall the infintry is standing on be attacked by a ranged area weapon eg dragon tank, log thrower, brachio catapult or seismo then the units standing on the wall may get knocked off and will then have to be ordered to mount the wall again.

Thanks to Henry for making the animation

Return to “English”