Tell me more about the game?

TheLegend

Tell me more about the game?

Post by TheLegend »

hi guys. i am not new with the game but i don't know about most things !
i mean you guys are talking about new army called the Seas?
New maps? ( a guy told me about it he know himself :D
anyway !
tell me more about the things inside it?
things you know and i don't !
for example what does the mod improve generally and would it effect the game ( cuz am windows 7 user) !

tell me more ! :o
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: tell me more about the game?

Post by Triceratops »

Paraworld got its last official patch (1.05) in 2007. Today every fanmade material is based on this version

Because the official Boosterpack and all Gold Editions of the game are heavily bug-infested there was first a Community Patch and later a 'new' means updated and bugfixed Boosterpack released by us fans called Boosterpack 2.0 - it is still version 1.05 of the game, so it is fully compatible regarding the multiplayer mode

Then there is the another fan-made addition to the game called Community's Expansion Pack (aka the CEP) which does now add the SEAS from the campaign as a playable race to the game. There is a lot more including more heroes to play. It is a seperate mode for the game but does not change the Boosterpack version. Install it and give it a try. It is still Paraworld as you know it but with many (we think enjoyable and convenient) features being added. You can play multiplayer with other CEP users

Because Paraworld got a but repetative during all these years there is a second mod called Mirage which makes the gameplay so more flexible that you should just try it. This is still Paraworld, but with flying units, up to 200 units per player, tons of additional game features, full-zoom (although CEP got it now as well), plus a large amount of new units. It also has the SEAS as a playable tribe like CEP. It is basically CEP+. You can play it in multiplayer with other Mirage users. Like CEP it is started seperately and not altering the 'normal' Paraworld game

The Mappack contains many many fanmade maps and is mandatory. Without the mappack you have only a few maps to play SEAS with (for example Coldblood) and it is therefore a must-install - a lot of the maps are really good. The pack gives you weeks of entertainment

So long story short - Boosterpack 2.0 -> Win7Fix -> CEP -> Mirage -> Mappack and you have the full PW package

CEP contains a new singleplayer mission by the way in which you control the SEAS, give it a try, it's well-done and challenging
TheLegend

Re: tell me more about the game?

Post by TheLegend »

Triceratops wrote:Paraworld got its last official patch (1.05) in 2007. Today every fanmade material is based on this version

Because the official Boosterpack and all Gold Editions of the game are heavily bug-infested there was first a Community Patch and later a 'new' means updated and bugfixed Boosterpack released by us fans called Boosterpack 2.0 - it is still version 1.05 of the game, so it is fully compatible regarding the multiplayer mode

Then there is the another fan-made addition to the game called Community's Expansion Pack (aka the CEP) which does now add the SEAS from the campaign as a playable race to the game. There is a lot more including more heroes to play. It is a seperate mode for the game but does not change the Boosterpack version. Install it and give it a try. It is still Paraworld as you know it but with many (we think enjoyable and convenient) features being added. You can play multiplayer with other CEP users

Because Paraworld got a but repetative during all these years there is a second mod called Mirage which makes the gameplay so more flexible that you should just try it. This is still Paraworld, but with flying units, up to 200 units per player, tons of additional game features, full-zoom (although CEP got it now as well), plus a large amount of new units. It also has the SEAS as a playable tribe like CEP. It is basically CEP+. You can play it in multiplayer with other Mirage users. Like CEP it is started seperately and not altering the 'normal' Paraworld game

The Mappack contains many many fanmade maps and is mandatory. Without the mappack you have only a few maps to play SEAS with (for example Coldblood) and it is therefore a must-install - a lot of the maps are really good. The pack gives you weeks of entertainment

So long story short - Boosterpack 2.0 -> Win7Fix -> CEP -> Mirage -> Mappack and you have the full PW package

CEP contains a new singleplayer mission by the way in which you control the SEAS, give it a try, it's well-done and challenging
thanks a lot !
i am going to try the mods when i find the download link xD
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Tell me more about the game?

Post by Triceratops »

AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Tric, its possible to play SEAS on every SEK map since quite some time already ^^

And CEP and Mirage especially do one thing: Fix so many goddamn bugs in this buggy game!
TheLegend

Post by TheLegend »

thanks guys !
silly question xD
should i install the Boosterpack 2.0 first then 1 of the mods?
or shall i install the mods directly?
thanks again !
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

What version of Paraworld did you buy? Does it say 'Gold' or '+Boosterpack'?

Are you using the Win7fix to play the game?

You can install Boosterpack2.0 but you have to install the Win7fix again afterwards, otherwise it will not work on Win7/8

By the way, I saw your email adress, are you actually from Germany? Wir sprechen hier auch deutsch. Also wenn du das möchtest :mrgreen:

AnthonyCole wrote:Tric, its possible to play SEAS on every SEK map since quite some time already ^^
Oh yes, I forgot, sorry :)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

1. Install PW
2. Install BP 2.0
3. Install Win7fix
4. Install mappacks/mods

Thats the order ^^
TheLegend

Post by TheLegend »

Boosterpack'
since i didnt buy the Gold 1
thanks all :D
jah ich bin !!!!!! :mrgreen:
ich glaube ich kann fliegen xDDDDD
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You can "newpatch" the game at any time. If you want to make sure you got everything up-to-date, just install the Boosterpack 2.0, after that the Win7 fix and after that the mods and the mappack.
TheLegend

Post by TheLegend »

am little bit afraid of doing that XD << maybe something will went bad with the game or something
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Don't worry, it will work ^^ I've created and tested everything personally :P

Return to “English”