We Need to Promote the Game...

OPSTF

We Need to Promote the Game...

Post by OPSTF »

...so there can be another. Of course the second would come from fucking Ubisoft, but it's better than nothing. Anyone have any suggestions on how to promote an out-dated cult-classic?
"When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belongs to the land." -Native American Proverb
Boristeam09
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Re: We Need to Promote the Game...

Post by Boristeam09 »

Tach!
Hell, yeah. I think Replay Casts (Take, HomerJ as examples from Germany in SC2) will be a good way, on Youtube maybe.
First its the only suggestion i can give. :(
Brauchst du etwas?
Frag ruhig!

XFire: Boristeam09
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

It is promoted already. Youtube Videos, Seasmod has been downloaded 1000 of times...

but Ubisoft still doesn't, and will probably never, give a damn about Paraworld. We have to deal with it, and we're doing a pretty good job on our own.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I like the idea of commented replays for youtube 8) And only if someone buys the intellectual property, Paraworld will have a future :(
OPSTF

Post by OPSTF »

Some please excuse me if this is a stupid question, but what language is the game programed in? Ayce's sig would make me think Java, but that's a weak clue.

As for youtube, I think we should try to convince more-high profile users to play the game. I'll be honest, I have never seen a Paraworld youtube video, probably because they don't get many hits to begin with.
"When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belongs to the land." -Native American Proverb
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

The game is probably programmed in C++, with a lua-like scripting engine called USL.
Java is great for making games, we already wanted to make a pw2(d) but nonbody cared after a week.

Top-Channles do things everybody wanted them todo. If they start playing PW, they would 1. loose subs, 2. flood our forum with noobs who download the cracked version and now cry. It would last for like two weeks after the last upload.

The game is dead. Until someone buys the rights.

Return to “English”