Paraworld doesn't launch

heatseeker96

Re: Paraworld doesn't launch

Post by heatseeker96 »

Not yet, but I have installed the 'Comunity Expansion Pack' (the new SEASmod) without trouble, but I still need to try it. I will do that later today and I'll post my findings.

UPDATE: Both the mappack and Comunity Expansion Pack work well! The only problem I found is that the camera doesn't rotate automaticly anymore when I zoom in and it doesn't seem to have a limit of zooming out. Exept for that detail, everything is fine, even on Windows 8.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Thats a feature from Mirage, old zooming can be achieved by pressing CTRL at the same time. SHIFT makes scrolling faster. I think we should swap it, so CTRL zooms the way its right now...
heatseeker96

Post by heatseeker96 »

Thanks for sharing, I loved the way you could easely scroll your camera in a way like you're really there. I have Paraworld since 2008 and I still like playing it!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

In Mirage you have flying units so you need a feature to zoom out more :) I like AyCe's idea to make 'Large Zoom' connected with CTRL
DinoTron5013

Post by DinoTron5013 »

Hello Triceratops, this is a new guy on the site, DinoTron5013 :) . I have recently bought a Wins 8 and ParaWorld. All though I installed the game, for some reason it won't open :shock: . I have tried multiple downloads and I have uninstalling and installing the game. But it doesn't seem to work. This is getting me stressed and frustrated :x . I think it might have something to do with the CD key, I have tried to get into the ParaWorld website but it's down for some reason. I don't know how to install the key and I was wondering if you can help me out. I'm leaving for Florida in 2 days and I'll be gone for 2 weeks so can you give me an solution by then. Please?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi DinoTron5013, welcome :)

You should be able to play Paraworld before your vacation. Try this:

1) Download Boosterpack2.0 from http://www.para-welt.com and save the file
2) Download the Win7Fix from http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?p=92027#p92027

Now install Boosterpack2.0 with right-mouse-button -> Run as admin. Finish its installation and repeat the process with Win7fix

Now start the game from your desktop using the new Paraworld - Boosterpack shortcut. Good luck
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Btw tric you dont need to say that "launch as admin" thing because there is no other way, windows will do that automatically ^^
DinoTron5013

Post by DinoTron5013 »

I don't know, Triceratops. It said something about, "ClearUrsGSFCache", "No cache files found." Is that a bad sign :? ?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Thats a good sign :) and means the installation was succesful (setup has cleared old cache files etc)

Did the game work now?
DinoTron5013

Post by DinoTron5013 »

I think it might work and I added my CD key but for some reason it wouldn't let me use it. Any ideas?
DinoTron5013

Post by DinoTron5013 »

Never mind.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Be careful with E and 3 and also with S and 5 and O and 0 - I struggled with this myself several times in the past :P
DinoTron5013

Post by DinoTron5013 »

It worked! I'm on level 2 now! Thanks, Triceratops :mrgreen:!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Excellent :wink:
2Siders

Post by 2Siders »

Hi
Sorry for replying to an old post, but I have just created this account to say that installing the booster and then the Win7 fix (scroll down until you find a link for the fix) worked like charm!

Is there a way to change a script or install a new language pack to make English available? I have bought the game years ago in Hungary, (Bela Andras Benedek FTW) and the only available language is Hungarian.

Thanks again!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

2Siders wrote:Is there a way to change a script or install a new language pack to make English available? I have bought the game years ago in Hungary, (Bela Andras Benedek FTW) and the only available language is Hungarian.
hi 2Siders!
yes there is a relatively simple way to use a different localization (like uk english), iirc it was described on the forum, but i don't remember where.
if you would register into xfire, i can easier tell you how to do it, and ofc can you send the appropriate english files
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
georgiai

Post by georgiai »

Hi everyone, sorry to continue this topic even more.. but I've installed paraworld, the boosterpack and win7fix correctly and I can launch the game, however after the cinematic it minimizes itself and will not let me use it. If I click on it, the screen goes black and plays the title screen music for about a second, then minimizes again :c
Anyone know what I could do to fix this?
Thanks
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Georgiai, welcome :)

This problems seems to be related to the movieplayer Paraworld uses for some of the cutscenes, called RAD Player. On newer Windows OS than Vista the intro movie only works in windowed mode. There is also a file in some of the newer versions of Paraworld which is not part of the Win7fix Patch that switches to windowed mode to show the intro and then back to the game' s resolution and full screen.

What kind of windows do you use?
What version of Paraworld have you installed? DVD? Gamersgate?

When the game is minimized hit Ctrl + Alt + Del and choose Taskmanager. Then look for the game in Tasks and switch to it again. Wait some seconds. Then go back to the desktop and close the taskmanager if the game works
georgiai

Post by georgiai »

Thank you :D
I'm using Windows 7 ultimate, 64-bit, and I've installed the DVD version of the game.
I just tried switching to it using task manager and it's not working, it will go onto the game but again shows a black screen then minimizes. :c
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi :)

you have installed the Boosterpack 2.0? If not please do so. Afterwards you have to install the Win7fix again

Please install the newest Mirage version from http://www.para-welt.com and use its 'Restore settings' function. I ask MrMorgana for more ideas this evening and he will hopefully help a bit with this topic
georgiai

Post by georgiai »

Hi :D
Yeah I installed Boosterpack 2.0, Mirage and reinstalled win7fix.
Used the restore function but there were no files to restore, so I tried launching the game through Mirage and the same thing happens.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Go to Paraworld/Bin and set paraworld.exe, pwclient.exe and pwserver.exe to win xp compatibility mode by use right-mouse-button -> properties
georgiai

Post by georgiai »

That hasn't worked either unfortunately :( I've tried changing the compatibility settings a few times before launching but it doesn't seem to work :(
georgiai

Post by georgiai »

Were you able to get anymore help on how to fix this? Did try reinstalling everything again from scratch but the same again xD
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hey, not yet but we are talking about the topic and trying to find out. Are you using firewalls/anti-virus scanners?

Return to “English”