Paraworld doesn't launch

Roughcompany

Re: Paraworld doesn't launch

Post by Roughcompany »

OK I'll try to be on tomorrow/ Friday. But since I work retail tomorrow might be difficult now that I think about it. If I can't make it tomorrow I'll definitely be on Saturday. And I will install team viewer just in case, and thanks to everyone that is trying.
Nez

Post by Nez »

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get Paraworld working on Windows 10 64-Bit.

I've so far installed the base game, then installed the windows 7 fix (which did come up with a prompt saying 'No Cached Files' if that matters), followed by the Booster Pack.

This left me with a couple of different shortcuts on my desktop. When I've attempted to launch the game, the screen resolution changes and the program launches, but the screen just freezes, half blue and half black.

Then, when I use task manager to end the process, the shortcuts all disappear from the desktop?

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any help getting the game running?

Thanks,
Nez
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Hi Nez,

Game -> Boosterpack 2.0 -> Win7 fix is the correct installation order. If you have installed the original boosterpack, just install the BP2.0 over it. Then install the Win7 fix again.

You should then have a shortcut for "vanilla" PW (no boosterpack), Boosterpack, and the SDK/leveleditor (probably with boosterpack only, you can change this in the shortcut properties).

The half-freezed-screen is the intro which is not displayed correctly. Pressing ESC a few times gets you to the main menu.

No shortcuts should disappear after killing a process via taskmanager, that would be strange. I'd imaging this is due to your resolution changing.

You should set the game resolution to your desktop resolution once you are in the main menu for the first time.

Welcome to the Forum!
Evert55

Post by Evert55 »

Hiya!

I just registrerad to get the win7fix.

Could someone give me a link?

Im really intrested in playing this but i cant get it to work on either xp nor 7..
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You can probably check out the Discord for it.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Evert55 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 14:37 pm Hiya!

I just registrerad to get the win7fix.

Could someone give me a link?

Im really intrested in playing this but i cant get it to work on either xp nor 7..
Here we go https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrsdbhgl9fl7d ... in7fix.exe
Thebeastof16

Post by Thebeastof16 »

I have been struggling, to get this legendary game working for the past 3 hours. I recently rewatched it a lil bit, and tried very hard to download it with no real success. I'm not even sure if I downloaded a good enough version for my computer. I'm hoping that there is someone still listening to these, in the hopes that I will be able to experience this game for myself.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Did you get the win7 fix too? You can get it on our discord server. It works for windows 10 too

Return to “English”