New options that mirage needs

MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: New options that mirage needs

Post by MrMorgana »

ParaworldFan wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:42 am Even the Player ☦️ was telling that the bonus which gives resources for building destruction is too op.
Mana usually just makes gameplay more hardcore, and...it’s option which can be turned off, so why don’t?
Kinda about dragon clan armor......I still think it should be reduced, so all vehicles of all tribes will have the same armor. That would be fair, and than Tesla armor increasing also be fair to other tribes as seas and Norseman. Plus, like I mentioned dragon clan have vehicles regeneration, which pretty strong buff
all of this just messes up the game in my opinion
Once again, i am open to arguments, but the game has been played by many players, and the Tesla level 5 bonus was not criticized much thus far, only by you and apparently Player (RIP), who was just as radical as you. Though I faintly remember lowering similar bonus instead of removing it (the one about giving resources for destroying robots perhaps), so it's possible to do the same.
I am strongly against giving vehicles of each tribe the same armor, that's just stupid to be honest (like norsemen steam tank is just a unit which should have heavy armor by default, unlike scorpion or even black widow). I like some sort of generalization, but not in this manner. And i think dragon clan vehicles don't have more armor than vehicles of SEAS and Norsemen to begin with, especially not without upgrades. And as far as i remember i already said that dc stinger will be balanced, because their starting 35/35 armor is really high (scorpion has only 10/10 for example), and doesn't fit a highly mobile unit.
DC vehicle regeneration (and Norsemen ship regeneration too) should be discussed furthermore, because the healing amount is really significantly bigger than the original value in boosterpack they are based upon (i.e. dc ship regeneration).
On the other hand, swapping hero bonus of Miyagi and Taslow wouldn't be all too bad, like getting resources of killed enemy stuff just resonates good with Miyagi's overall theme, while Tesla making vehicles and ships better is also logical.

Mana was implemented to make spellcaster's usage different, to be like in starcraft, where you can use the same ability multiple times in a quick succession, but then not being able to use different ones, until the unit has enough energy. For heroes it just doesn't make sense in that way, because they only have 1 ability. Also some of those abilities - like the shotgun, sniper shot, death shot - aren't really based on energy (although i admit same can be said for some of the spellcaster abilities). And for example those shooting hero abilities shouldn't be used one after the other in a short time (i think at least), so they would need a high mana cost, or the hero should have low maximal mana amount. In my opinion, as long as heroes have only one ability which would consume mana, it doesn't make a big difference, because in the end it should be balanced to have the same result as with cooldown times alone. But maybe i don't see the potential difference.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I like the idea, that Miyagi start give resources instead of Taslow. That makes Taslow less universal hero, than he is now, for dragon clan mostly.
And I agree, that shotgun ability costs mana is stupid:)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Can Henry make a node, which will be able to disable Ada’s special units invisible mode, for custom maps?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

ParaworldFan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 22:18 pm In new build mirage needs:
4) Needs Techtree filter which will allow enable free hero units only to current HQ and not for everyone
I discovered that there is no need in this anymore, since it s able to be done in this build in probably in previous through SDK. You ll just be needing to enable this:
Attachments
scr_20200525_162341.jpg
scr_20200525_162341.jpg (193.82 KiB) Viewed 17383 times
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Is it possible to make shaman, while using tranfromation spell, not only get model replacing, but being fully tranfromed into animal, like getting its health, armor, description, damage, icon. Because its easy to detect shaman, if you are looking on map. Friendly dinosaurs in which tf shaman, using while going to a point running animation, which real wild animals using only while escaping from danger, which with ease tells who is who. also, while clicking on tfed shaman, its displays its level 3 and its description with icon says its shaman, which also reveals the hidden unit. I also think it woul be realistic if shaman can attack as wild animal, and have its hitpoints, becausew logically he uses magic and transfroms into animal form, and not only using illusion to make enemies see him look like an animal.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

i thought we made shaman invisible for enemies when he uses the transform spell?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

It maybe works, but buggy, because I seen a lot of friendly animals with health bar having size of shaman and by clicking on them shaman displays.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Well, it should be decided what this ability should be: a dino camouflage (which was originally and is it despite some changes), or a transformation spell.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Transformation spell sounds more realistic, compare to Paraworld universe, where magic is common.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

that sounds like a lot of work. can't we just make him invisible to the enemy but looking like an animal to the player and his allies? is anyone really sitting there in front of their computers paying attention to random wild dinosaurs' movements just to figure out if one of them is a shaman or not? because that sounds kinda paranoid
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zidell »

Scrat wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:11 am that sounds like a lot of work. can't we just make him invisible to the enemy but looking like an animal to the player and his allies? is anyone really sitting there in front of their computers paying attention to random wild dinosaurs' movements just to figure out if one of them is a shaman or not? because that sounds kinda paranoid
I do :|
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

We do... Others do
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

y'all kinda paranoid :|
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Maybe huh🙂
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Could the world animals, be done same as nest animals of James warden, so if the wild nest given to a player, spawned animals, don’t take an army slot. Because basically, they just keeping up their scripts, like walking around nest, playing different animations and attack players, the only one different it’s that they take army slot and you are able to control them.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

yes, they should be just like warden nest (unmanaged units => they don't count into army but can't be controlled either). But to be honest, i kinda agree with DryFun on his suggestion even more, that the amount of unmanaged units should be limited (posted on discord somewhere)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Still I don’t understand how this makes a problem about what I have told. Dryfun suggested about animals form Warden’s nest, that can be build. While usual nests of world animals, is cannot be build and used on most of maps, except defender based on 10 mission, where one of hqs can have the warden allo. I think, that it’s too high, that is player can control them, because they by being wild animals have large amount of hp, and their armor can be buffed with heroes, artefacts, and seas speakers, and I don’t mention even your script which allows them to be leveled up and increase their stats. Plus, it’s unclmfortable, while they take slots of usual army. I think, making them uncontrollable ease the way. They still will be walking attacking everyone leaded by their scripts from original game, and player will be comfortable just protecting their nest if needed, and building their own army. I think it’s a good feature for more, unusual map ideas
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

I already said, that wild animal nests should work like that. That I am agreeing more on DryFun's suggestion doesn't mean that I don't agree on yours. I wanted to say that thing is more important in my opinion, so that means I would implement that change before this one.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Oh that you meant😅. Okay, I think I misunderstood your sentence before. I agree with him too, this should be changed somehow.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Would be really helpful and useful to add for spirits discription, the level of dead unit, because when I want to revive enemy titan and I can’t revive it because it’s level 5 but I already have full slots of this level. By moving cursor on spirit only displays unit default discription and name, but not the level on which was died unit.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Yes, this could be useful. But how do you revive an ENEMY unit?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Tarna level 3 ability
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I would suggest to remove Miyagi level 5 bonus which gives 20 additional armor to vehicles, and leave only that Miyagi gives 20 armor to ships. Removing armor is because most of tribes - pretty all execpt, dustriders have vehicles with high armor which with fully upgrade will be more than 100% or about so which makes unit completely unkillable. If for seas armor was nerfed, than dragon clan still have high armor as well as hu steam ram and steam tank.
I would suggest to wipe out that, than change values for each unit manually. It’s too op to give additional armor to already armored vehicles.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

odd, we already talked about changing this a different way (iirc giving Miyagi a different level 5 bonus), besides, it is not an option but a balance change suggestion (i.e. it is off-topic here)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I thought it’s better type there than create a whole new topic only for one hero....and honestly I kinda still don’t understand for what kind of conclusion we came in past....does we just swap this bonuses between heroes? Like, Miyagi will be giving armor for ships and Taslow for vehicles? Or what?

Return to “Balancing”