Hu_avatar idea

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Hu_avatar idea

Post by ParaworldFan »

I already knew, that unit named hu_avatar have a model problem, but I got an idea how to fix. Just want to know if it’s possible. In previous mirage build as you remember, MIRAGE avatar, named hu_colossi, used model of hu_berserk_statue, but with textures of avatar. What if we do script, which make hu_avatar mode, while it’s HP reaches zero, got replaced with recolored hu_berserk_statue which will be immediately playing death animation. I think in that way, we can create an illusion that, avatar is actually have its death animation. What do you think?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Hu_avatar idea

Post by MrMorgana »

Previous build? AFAIK it still uses that, unless you are talking about changes you made on your own. Anyways, what the problem with it using retextured hu_berserk_statue model?
The main reasons it is(/was???) used:
- proper destruction animation, not just falling backward
- proper weapon model, not that stupid winged, cartoon hammer
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

No you didn’t understood me, I meant that for boosterpack avatar we can make an illusion of good death animation, but using old mirage retextured model of avatar. And yes, in previous build avatar had textures black yellow and green, now it’s textures pretty similar to originals of the model, like hu_berserk_statue had.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

that means you suggest to fix it in boosterpack?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Yes, I am. But it will need to add the old model which was used in mirage as hu_colossi visual in boosterpack too.

Return to “English”