Paraworld Community Remaster

Ollievrthecool

Paraworld Community Remaster

Post by Ollievrthecool »

If by any chance the game was noticed by another community and remade on a newer engine, such as Unreal Engine 4, how would you make the remake better from the original game??? Apart from a graphical update. I have some ideas myself but i haven't been playing the game for as long as you all have. :)
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Paraworld Community Remaster

Post by Scrat »

Hi Ollievrthecool, welcome to the forum! :)

That's a good question. A remastered edition of Paraworld.. you sound a little like you've got connections to make such a thing possible? :D
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Better networking code (no lag on holy city pls), modding possibilites, longer support (lol), Modding-per-map (like Starcraft/Warcraft), not using USL (i like it, but the compiler is buggy and the syntax... meh...), a better client/server model (NOT 2 different programs connecting locally), triggers which aren't buggy ... and so on :-)
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zidell »

Better terrain textures(transition from one texture to another generated itself,and it has not been recorded in the texture file).
SDK which does not crashes.
Better 3d models(many animal models and units do not have the texture of the feet,some weapons hanging in the air like the exo flamethrower)
Better AI
Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool »

Scrat wrote:Hi Ollievrthecool, welcome to the forum! :)

That's a good question. A remastered edition of Paraworld.. you sound a little like you've got connections to make such a thing possible? :D
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Getting some old friends to take part in such a big project that they have never played or will ever play (because it is hard to get your hands on) is a big task. They are more into the smaller types of projects, not full blown community remasters or new "best selling" video games.

I was just asking to see what you would change if the chance came along. Sorry if it sounded like I was planning something.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Oh, alright. Don't worry, I wasn't figuring on it.
An old idea that emerged shortly after release was to create an entirely new tribe called the Wind Sailors. They would focus on amphibian units and buildings. I can't remember much of the lore, but here and in the old Sunflowers archive the topics must still be somewhere. That would be awesome.

Return to “English”