Unused animal as units

MrTroodon

Unused animal as units

Post by MrTroodon »

I maked this topic to see the different opinions of the people about ¿What animals believe that they could be used as units?this due i think Paraworld have many animals(in my opinion)could be great units but for some reason they were not included in any clan :( So i start with apatosaurus,diplodocus and some ceratopsians cuold be pretty good units maybe diplo and apato as strong transporters or living fortress :D (like brachio but apato could be in Dragon Clan but diplo idk in what clan)
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Unused animal as units

Post by Scrat »

i like the idea. now that we know how to make those units controllable without them crashing the game and also know how to add stuff like transport baskets, we are rather free to do these things. what kind of units did you have in mind, concretely?
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Well XD many ones apato can work in a similar way to salta transporter but like a better version of it(like dustrider with stego transporter and brachio transporter)ceratopsians in spite of being a famous group of dinosaurs we dont see many ones as units(only a titan and that bionic tricera)and can be great to see more of this dinos as units i have many other ideas but I want to stress is that there are not many mammals used as units well norsemen use more mammals than dinos but see units like gigantopithecus or smilodon can be nice to see
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

gigantopithecus and smilodon will be useable in the next mirage (2.5.8.). gigantopithecus will be the dragon clan's super lvl5 unit available from epoch 6 on. warden's NM eusmilus kennel will be replaced by a smilodon kennel. the dc also has an epoch 4 close combat battle triceratops, basically only a triceratops with a rider, dealing area damage, but no transport basket or any other buildup. we could easily replace that by another ceratopsian. which ceratopsian do you think would be best?
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Good news to see taht 2 in the new mirage :D but also you dont think gigantopithecus can have a harvester unit also(like mammoth with norsemen) and for the ceratopsians idk hmmm maybe depending of the biome(like jungle for dragon clan or tundra for norsemen) is for what tribe it can be thats why i think apatosaurus would be great in dragon clan like a more strong salta but more slow hmmm acheluosaurus in dustriders and pentaceratops and styracosaurus in norsemen or dragon clan ¿also nobody was thinking in mosassaurus like the acuatic version of the titans?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

1. gigantopithecus throws oil barrels and is a huge fighting king kong. we gave him a new, black texture and awesome fighting skills. we won't degrade him to a harvester. :D

2. the new DC epoch 4 unit, the "battle triceratops", is only available for DC at the time, and we have not planned adding ceratopsians to other tribes (yet). This may come in Mirage 2.5.9., but for now we must finish what we already have.

3. Apatosaurus, Seismosaurus, Saltasaurus.. I think this might be a bit much on the sauropods for DC..

4. the mosasaurus will be available for DR in Mirage 2.5.8.

5. So.. the triceratops for Dragon Clan, make a concrete suggestion, what would you like to see it replaced by? Achelousaurus, Pentaceratops, Styracosaurus, another ceratopsian? I'd be happy to give them a different ceratopsian instead of the triceratops, but which one?
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

I think you dont stend my with the gigantopithecus idea XD i dont whant to degrade it to a harvester i just have the idea he can be like the mammoth of the norsemen 1 combat unit and 1 harvester this because of its nature apes(like in ark survival evolved where giagnto is a powerfull combat creature but is good to harvest at the same time) are actually good doing this and yep i think dc clan already have many sauropods but this give me more ideas for norsemen and dustriders :D and good to see mosa will be in the mod strange is not already a unit in vainilla and hmmm i dont see achelousaur with norsemens or dragon clan maybe with dustriders hmmm maybe pentaceratops with norsemens and styracosaurus with dragon clan but this are just a few ideas i have i actually can make a list with all my ideas XD
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

oh, now i get it :) the main problem is that there are harvesting animations which not every unit can use, and there surely is not one for the gigantopithecus.
and i just talked to Henry, using another model but the triceratops is difficult for linking the models :( and also, he doesn't want it ^^ :|
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Ok but what about the other ceratopsians?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

i meant every model except of the triceratops. ;) even though, for a launcher... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/565 ... avalry.jpg
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Oh i see well that ceratopsians dont need to be transporters and that styrac look pretty good :D hmmm but ¿what can be pentaceratops? also bad that spinosaurus dont have swimming animation :( just imagine what unit we could have
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

swimming spino :) maybe we will implement the styraco in mirage, it was planned as level 2 unit. we don't know yet
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Good new also ¿is posible to make a swimming spino unit?(maybe just the walking or run animation when it swim)it will be cool in dragon clan and is giganotosaurus planned for a future?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

1. giganotosaurus is a seas unit which you get when you level Tarna to level .
2. I don't know if we can use the baryonyx' swimming animation for the spino, if we can't, him just walking on the water would look a little unreal, don't you think? ;)
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Oh ya i already know giga was in cep but i just haved that question also ¿Why dont try? lets see the 3 animations bary swimming,spino walk and spino running who know maybe it look like badass dino or completely ridiculous XD
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

they will look completely ridiculous :D also spino with bary swimming model is not possible :(
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Oh well hmmm but what more spino can do in dragon clan?....maybe cannons or just the dragon clan version of the dustriders trex ?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

we can't add build ups to the spino, they don't work properly and look awful :( the durstiders will have a spino handler from epoch 6 onwards though, kind of like a raptor handler but with a (young and therefore small) spino
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Oh i see also good idea the handler but..i think i look better in dragon clan dustriders already have many big dinos xD also what new unit for the norsemen are planed?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

NM get the stone golem. like the ones Kleemann controls at the end of mission 8.
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Pretty good idea :D also is not possible to add a dino handeler with more than one dino? imagine one with a deinonychus pack like hunting dogs
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

hmm this is a very good and surely cool looking idea. I will discuss it with Henry
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Good i hope is possible imagine what new units we can do :D like a handeler with smilodons,dilophosaurus or a better raptor version(is not a to usefull unit ingame xD)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

mirage raptor handler gets an oviraptor
MrTroodon

Post by MrTroodon »

Cool the new version will add oviraptor

Return to “English”