Paraworld won't launch.

Slappy

Paraworld won't launch.

Post by Slappy »

Hi.
I have had this game for as long as i remember, used to play it on the familys old computer which had Windows XP on it.'
I miss playing this game and i have tried installing it and play it on 2 different computers over the last 3 years. My computer now is an MSI gaming laptop with Windows 8.1 on it.
I can install it fine and everything but when it comes down to launching the game nothing happens, i get a pop-up telling me the program wants to do changes on my computer where i can only press "yes" if i want it to actually work on something. And when i do this my computer starts working for 2 seconds and then stops, when i check my taskbar it says that Paraworld Launcher is still working but i can let my pc be on for hours without anything happening.
I have tried downloading the boosterpack but that doesnt do anything either, tried ALL the compatibilities but that doesnt help.

I have had this game since i was a kid (When it came out) and i would love to play it again. So i hope you could help me with this because god i want to play it again so bad. :|
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Paraworld won't launch.

Post by MrMorgana »

check this link:
Win 8.1 issue
Slappy

Post by Slappy »

Yes i tried this, the game still won't launch :/
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Slappy wrote:Yes i tried this, the game still won't launch :/
so you have win7 fix installed as well, right?
Slappy

Post by Slappy »

Yes. Tried everything that has been written on this page but it doesnt work, have had the same problem with both my computers over the last 3 years.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

I had the problem that I couldn't start certain programs (properly at least). Turned out to be a broken tablet driver causing the programs to silently crash when launching them, because they worked with WinDbg.
Slappy

Post by Slappy »

I ain't so good with computers to do this so could you explain?
vtlive

Post by vtlive »

I have the same problem and it drives me crazy. When i click the play button nothing happens. I have a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 is it possible that it doesnt have enough power to run this game? My much older computer was good enough to run this so i dont believe it to be the reason. Is there any advice for us? I would love to play the game again.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You need boosterpack 2.0 and the Win7 fix installed (in this order)
legolon1105

Post by legolon1105 »

i have paraworld and also have windows 10 and it just wont work the menu for paraworld comes up with the usual options but when i click start game it does nothing i have been wanting to play this game for some time as i used to play it when i was a kid.

can someone please help
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Have you tried the Win7fix from Tech Center on this forum? :)

http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1710

Return to “English”