Miyagi

chipmunk

Miyagi

Post by chipmunk »

So, who is Miyagi?
From what I can gather, he was originally to be in the game as the Pirate Captain, but was cut? I couldn't find anything mentioning him in the base game files.

Is the chubby guy with sideburns, seen twice in the Holy City level, really Miyagi, or was this model just used because it was unique (and a Pirate)?

Also, another question, more modding-related, but still significant to Miyagi- the Pirate Samurai/Spearman (seen with Miyagi or whoever it is, above)/Archers appear in both Mission 5, 6 and 7, but when I place them in the Mapeditor and open up the level I put them in, they cannot fight and don't have any info/stats. And in the Mapeditor for the missions involving Pirates, these Pirate versions appear as the regular Dragon Clan versions.

Thanks, and sorry for so many questions :P
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Miyagi

Post by MrMorgana »

chipmunk wrote:So, who is Miyagi?
From what I can gather, he was originally to be in the game as the Pirate Captain, but was cut? I couldn't find anything mentioning him in the base game files.
afaik a hero, code-named 'miyagi' was really intended to be in the game, but not sure what kind of character he would have been (maybe pirate or ninja, probably someone of asian origin), but its idea was dropped early on (just like 'cowboy'...) (the name miyagi appears in techtree for sure)
chipmunk wrote:Is the chubby guy with sideburns, seen twice in the Holy City level, really Miyagi, or was this model just used because it was unique (and a Pirate)?
second =) - yes, the model is just unique, like pirate archer, spearman, amazon warrior and raptor handler, and because the model was rarely used and nice looking (and pirate style :)), we (modding team) choose it as the model for 'our' new hero
chipmunk wrote:Also, another question, more modding-related, but still significant to Miyagi- the Pirate Samurai/Spearman (seen with Miyagi or whoever it is, above)/Archers appear in both Mission 5, 6 and 7, but when I place them in the Mapeditor and open up the level I put them in, they cannot fight and don't have any info/stats. And in the Mapeditor for the missions involving Pirates, these Pirate versions appear as the regular Dragon Clan versions.
so how that system works: the core dragonclan infantry units can have an alternate model ingame, by giving the player in mapeditor (later sdk) a 'gfx' (...) flag, in this case "pirate" (or something like that). With it those normal units in sdk still look the same, but in an actual game they will look like their pirate counterpart
on the other hand those pirate models are also available (and placable in sdk) independently, but because they have nothing in the techtree (stats like weapon/armor) they can't do too much
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hey Chipmunk, welcome back
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

'Cowboy' is the guy who was going to have a whip, right?
In the Mapedior, there are also thing like Dragon Clan Iguanadon transporters and Triceratops transporters, along with an empty 'Dino Racecourse' folder in 'Special Locations'. More cut things?

And it seems like the chubby guy was originally going to be something important- highest-level Pirate Samurai, and with a very different model to the other Samurai(s?).

EDIT: Oh, no, Miyagi was meant to be that guy in the Holy City who wanted to fight the Pirates, apparently? And Mr. Chubby was indeed to be a Pirate Captain.
so how that system works: the core dragonclan infantry units can have an alternate model ingame, by giving the player in mapeditor (later sdk) a 'gfx' (...) flag, in this case "pirate" (or something like that). With it those normal units in sdk still look the same, but in an actual game they will look like their pirate counterpart
Yeah, that works, thanks.

So, say, as an example, I were to copy the Berserker model and rename it barbarians_hu_warrior_s3, and put 'barbarians' into the gfx box for Player 0, level 3 Norsemen Warriors on my team for that level would be given the appearance of a Berserker?
Hey Chipmunk, welcome back
Thanks! :) I wasn't very active with Paraworld recently because I got a new computer and lost my disc. I ended up downloading the Gamersgate version.
Last edited by chipmunk on Tue Jul 02, 2013 23:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Here are two pictures- Miyagi's skin file, and the man in the Holy City who tries to rally some citizens up against the Pirates.

Aren't they the same people?

The only difference I can see is that the Holy City man's clothes are black in places, and are white in the file. But if the Holy City man was placed as a world object, they would be black, wouldn't they?

Cowboy skins are there, too.
Attachments
scr_20130702_185530.jpg
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (75.32 KiB) Viewed 17419 times
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

These models could actually be used for units. Sadly, there's no cowboy model afaik. :(
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

No model for the Holy City guy up there either, at least not in the Mapeditor. The sequence with him in crashes when I try to run it in Mapeditor. :|

Speaking of which, where are all the models, anyway? I can't seem to find them anywhere in the files.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

If he's in the sequence, there's a model. Maybe no unit, but a model.

This could be because you experience the same bug I do. Try this:
http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1806

Now go to \PW\Data\leveled and copy TabFile.usl to \PW\Data\leveled\Scripts\sequencer

Now the sequence SHOULD play without crash (I think you need to have holy city map loaded anyway?)

The models are in the gsf files in the GSF directory.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

chipmunk wrote:'Cowboy' is the guy who was going to have a whip, right?
yes, Cowboy would have had whip as a weapon, and could tame wild animals, or better said 'catch' them, so that they could be used as cavalry units, which i consider a pretty awesome feature, but i also understand why they dropped it (see more about it here: How to domestic the dinosaurs)
chipmunk wrote:In the Mapedior, there are also thing like Dragon Clan Iguanadon transporters and Triceratops transporters, along with an empty 'Dino Racecourse' folder in 'Special Locations'. More cut things?
most definitely and there are tonns of other dropped stuff D=
chipmunk wrote:EDIT: Oh, no, Miyagi was meant to be that guy in the Holy City who wanted to fight the Pirates, apparently? And Mr. Chubby was indeed to be a Pirate Captain.
+
chipmunk wrote:Here are two pictures- Miyagi's skin file, and the man in the Holy City who tries to rally some citizens up against the Pirates.

Aren't they the same people?
i think not, those texture files which were named 'miyagi_(0xxx).dds' are in fact for the dragonclan's monk (which is kinda odd, because the tribe specific infantry textures are in the corresponding folders with their actual techtree name - but no 'ninigi_monk_(0xxx).dds' texture files anywhere at all!)
chipmunk wrote:So, say, as an example, I were to copy the Berserker model and rename it barbarians_hu_warrior_s3, and put 'barbarians' into the gfx box for Player 0, level 3 Norsemen Warriors on my team for that level would be given the appearance of a Berserker?
(i assume) nope, the whole thing works only with those specific infantry units, and some other dc units (like flamethrower trike or transport ship) will get a pirate flag
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You can't copy models. I assume that would work, but you just can't copy models (they are inside the GSF files).
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Yeah, thanks, works now.

I think that guy probably is just a Monk without the staff, yeah.

Is that guy who appears in a lot of the credits gags the Cowboy? He looks similar, but doesn't have a hat. I don't remember seeing the man in the credits anywhere in the game.
You can't copy models. I assume that would work, but you just can't copy models (they are inside the GSF files).
That's what I keep getting mixed up about- I keep thinking that everything has its own, individual GSF. IX

Hm. I've asked so many pointless questions. =P
Kharg
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Kharg »

Don't tell anyone but, Miyagi is the Dragon Clan Monk <.<
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓
• Creator of the: • Current Projects:
  • SEASMOD
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓

Code: Select all

Kharg: I'll go to Nottingham on Monday for a 15 days trip! :D