Dustrider Slaughterhouse needs reskin/rename

OPSTF

Dustrider Slaughterhouse needs reskin/rename

Post by OPSTF »

I was playing Dustriders the other day. As I was ensuring I had men on a slaughterhouse, I had a thought: The Dustriders, like any other faction have four ways to get food: They can pick it off of plants, hunt passing animals, fish, use a slaughterhouse, or trade. The two options players will more than likely use the most are hunting and slaughterhouses. Now, here is a list of the Dustrider's cavalry and their diets:
  • Velociraptor: Carnivore
  • Igunadon: Herbivore
  • Dilophasaurus: Carnivore
  • Stegosaurus:Herbivore
  • Ankleosaurus: Herbivore
  • Brachiosaurus: Herbivore
  • Triceratops: Herbivore
  • Allosaurus:Carnivore
  • Tyrannosaurus:Carnivore
So, as you can see, the majority of Dustrider cavalry are herbivore species. Also consider that generally accepted strategy is to make as many braciosaurus as possible, which takes lots of food.

So here is my question: the Dustriders are described as a people in a great symbiotic relationship with their animals. (Journal for Mission 4) Why is it that they have a meat-producing farm building? If they did have a normal "farm," then it would also make sense that they train so many plant-eating dinosaurs. Any supporters or opposition? Anyone willing to do a little "fix?"

If you are wondering why I spent time writing this, it is because I am very anti-meat industry in real life.
"When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belongs to the land." -Native American Proverb
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Re: Dustrider Slaughterhouse needs reskin/rename

Post by Anakey »

the Dustriders are played as a nomad species, the typical hunter gatherer of ages past, though some do still remain. What are the dr to do when one of their animals dies through either illness, battle or old age they are able to harvest such food to enable the creation and training of the next dinosaur to take the fallen's place hence why you get the slaughterhouse. as for the issue you have with plant dinosaurs well they didn't need to farm the land given that the typical habitat of a dr tribe would be the same natural habitat of the dinosaur anyway so would probably be able to feed itself rather then having to farm for food as the other tribes.

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

These are interesting aspects and parts are already in the mods. Animals can heal by eating the appropriate food
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

-BUMP! But just to clarify:
Don't forget this isn't exactly a game a realism, I personally haven't seen any of my units eating out of my food storage. And as Anakey said, since the player controlled units show no realistic behaviors outside of moving, attacking and dying, the player is most likely meant to just assume the animals are feeding whilst idle. Off camera if you will.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

other than that food is only needed to produce the units, not to keep them alive (continous food requirement could be an interesting option) and ofc herbivores aren't raised on meat, just imagine the caretakers must be supplied =)
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

Henry no, you are not putting that in Mirage, I forbid it
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Arvinder wrote:Henry no, you are not putting that in Mirage, I forbid it
hehe =)
actually i don't want put something like that in, the last similar feature (sleeping option for animals) was already a great failure (sorry Kharg), especially for dustrider players
on the other hand, Tric suggested that a new tribe (mercenaries) would work with this method, so that if you don't have any money, the troops leave you
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I recently finished the concept trailer for the Merc tribe. Featuring one of the never resting pirate workers in his daily enviroment, you get a good first look at the kind of jobs he does, mentality and his neverending thirst for more money (and 'other loot')

There is a also a first glimpse at the different recruitment buildings!

This is rated R, not for teens

It is an early alpha concept collection, mind you, most graphics and animations are going to be changed during development!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anb-ouO5hp4

:mrgreen:
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

huff. henry, nbier, we will have a long talk on xfire today
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Arvinder wrote:huff. henry, nbier, we will have a long talk on xfire today
xD
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hmm, I dont have hours to talk, but 30 minutes should be fine. When?
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

its okay tric, henry filled me in, anyway, back on topic with the whole slaughterhouse thing whatever

Return to “English”