MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by AnthonyCole »

What maps? And i was talking about SC bunker, SC nydus, SC supply, SC mana... Nevermind ^^
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

AnthonyCole wrote:What maps? And i was talking about SC bunker, SC nydus, SC supply, SC mana... Nevermind ^^
allt his things can be found in many things not just in sc ;)
(btw. the nydus is much more a c&c bunker, and mana is atm disabled...)
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Mana = SC
Cooldown = PW
Mana + Cooldown: Warcraft
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

new rc version is ready, whoever would like to test it, please contact me via pm or xfire (mrmorgana)
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Zillatamer

Post by Zillatamer »

Question;

Is it possible for me to isolate specific units i want to put into vanilla Paraworld, or would i need to install the whole package?

Also what's stopping you guys from making a 200 unit army controller (Or are you just scrapping it altogether?)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Zillatamer wrote:Question;
Is it possible for me to isolate specific units i want to put into vanilla Paraworld, or would i need to install the whole package?
i'm not really sure what are you meaning with "vanilla Paraworld", anyways to have the new units you have to install the full mode (isolating certain new units is lots of work)
Zillatamer wrote:Question;
Also what's stopping you guys from making a 200 unit army controller (Or are you just scrapping it altogether?)
the army controller is stored in the native c code (in the exe file), to change it or make something similar we should make a new client exe at least, so its out of our reach right now
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Vanilla means 'basic', so retail version of Paraworld
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Triceratops wrote:Vanilla means 'basic', so retail version of Paraworld
ok, thanks
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Lol AC can easily be modded ^^
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

So, how?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

AnthonyCole wrote:Lol AC can easily be modded ^^
okay, then how to make an ac with 200 slot? : )
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

just make a new ui control which replaces the ac.
workarounds. im used to them ^^
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

.. Won't that cover up the entire screen?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

AyCe sounds pretty confident and maybe it can work with smaller icons
Trexoid

Post by Trexoid »

I have a problem: when I'm playing skirmishes, everything freezes and the units run in place.
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

in multiplayer that would be a lag, are you sure you're not playing multiplayer, also that happens when a replay ends, any ideas henry?
Trexoid

Post by Trexoid »

I have to completely shut off the game, when I try to restart the match the load screen freezes.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Multiplayer and Singleplayer work the same, so the problem is basically pwserver.exe not being able to communicate with pwclient.exe - it can be fixed. We need more information to help you, which Windows are you using, which Paraworld, which anti-virus tools and which firewalls

Also if you are able to reproduce the bug, please check your task-manager for

Paraworld.exe
Pwserver.exe
Pwclient.exe

Are those three still running after your units stopped to move?
Trexoid

Post by Trexoid »

Windows 7 Home Edition, Regular Paraworld with the Mirage mod, McAfee computer security and firewall, and yes those three are still running when the units start running in place.
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

It's supposed to be completely unrelated, but if i have problems like that often clearing the cache seems to help.

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

to be honest, clearing cache seems to fix everything but unfortunantly thats not the case
Freshi
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Freshi »

Hi Leute!

Ich habe vor 2 Tagen die Kampagne auf Mirage neu angefangen. Auf schwer natürlich.
Mir sind da einige Dinge aufgefallen:
1. Steinvorkommen sind oft erhöht (gewollt?)
2. Mission 8 ist meiner Meinung nach unmöglich zu bewältigen, wenn man nicht auf die kleine Insel im Nord-Osten ausweicht.
Ich meine die Mission war vorher schon sehr schwer aber auf Mirage ist es extrem!
Ist es normal, dass der Gegner 4 Titane auf T4 hat? (Außenposten war schon zerstört)
Außerdem baut der Gegner in dieser Mission viel mehr Türme als sonst, was nicht weiter schlimm wäre, wenn die Armeen nicht so gigantisch wären.
Ich musste kamikaze-Angriffe machen um die Türme zu zerstören, da man gegen die Türme + die riesigen Armeen sonst keine Chance hat.
-Baryonyx-Nest auf Insel ist nicht mehr da (gewollt?)

Als ich die Mission schließlich nach Stunden geschafft habe, kam Mission 9.
Das wird einfach, dachte ich.
Der Anfang war einfach.
Auch hier ist mir aufgefallen, dass das Steinvorkommen erhöht ist.
Außerdem ist das Nest des Allosaurus nicht mehr vorhanden (gewollt?).

Ich baute meine Armee auf und es kamen regelmäßig Angriffe aus Norden und Westen. Doch plötzlich kamen auch Angriffe aus dem Süden, was vorher nicht der Fall war.
Als ich dann dachte sie Situation im griff zu haben, steuerte ich auf die Insel zu um sie zu vernichten :twisted:
Falsch gedacht!
Die ganze Insel ist überseht von Türmen, großen Türmen.
meine Armee wurde im Sekundentakt abgeschlachtet :x
Als ich auf der Insel war, kamen Angriffe aus dem Norden und Süden und meine Basis war platt!
Hab das Spiel per autosave neu gestartet.

Ich bin zu dem Schluss gekommen, dass es unmöglich ist diese Mission zu gewinnen... und ich glaube ich übertreibe nicht.

Um gegen die Türme und die Armee auf der Insel bestehen zu können MUSS man mit seiner ganzen Armee auf die Insel und in der Zeit wird die Basis platt gemacht.
Aufgrund der Verluste auf der Insel (wenn man noch Einheiten hat) kann man das Lager gegen die gigantischen Armeen nicht mehr verteidigen.
Ich hab die Misson mehrmals versucht aber es klappt einfach nicht.
Die Angriffe aus dem Süden, Norden und Westen halten einen schon auf trab.
Um da noch die Insel auszuschalten bzw. die Hafen müsste an cheaten^^
Von der Basis im Osten bzw. Nord-Osten fang ich garnicht erst an, da man dazu erst die Insel ausschalten muss.

Ich will garnicht wissen wie Mission 13,14,15 wird :o

Bin ich der einzige dem das aufgefallen ist?
Oder bin ich einfach zu schlecht in dem Spiel? xD
Der Gerät wird nie müde, der Gerät schläft nie ein, der Gerät ist immer vor der Chef im Geschäft und er schneidet das Dönerfleisch schweißfrei.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Freshi, MrMorgana (einer der Mirage Modder) ist gerade im Urlaub und daher kann ich dir nur sagen dass er die Kampagne für Mirage besonders schwer gemacht hat. Außerdem arbeitet Henry noch an der KI (für alle Völker) so dass es hier unangenehme Überraschungen geben kann :mrgreen:
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Trexoid wrote:Windows 7 Home Edition, Regular Paraworld with the Mirage mod, McAfee computer security and firewall, and yes those three are still running when the units start running in place.
Hi Trexoid, I was on vacation and therefore not able to respond earlier. I'm pretty sure McAfee is causing this. Did you give the files I mentioned earlier full permission? Have you tried turning off McAfee?

You have installed the Boosterpack?
Trexoid

Post by Trexoid »

I have done everything except uninstall mcafee so I'll try that

Return to “MIRAGE”