MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by Scrat »

MrMorgana wrote:good news: from now on, SEAS is playable on every sek map =)
That was possibly THE most important step to take.

Henry, you are an official member of The Seasmod Hall Of Fame now.
Not like u hadn't been but nvm ..
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

Scrat wrote:Henry, you are an official member of The Seasmod Hall Of Fame now.
what bout me? lolz only jk
Kharg
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Kharg »

Arvinder wrote:
Scrat wrote:Henry, you are an official member of The Seasmod Hall Of Fame now.
what bout me? lolz only jk

Who are you?
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓
• Creator of the: • Current Projects:
  • SEASMOD
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓

Code: Select all

Kharg: I'll go to Nottingham on Monday for a 15 days trip! :D
AyCe: Make some screenshots!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Kharg wrote:

Who are you?

Are you taunting the dear Arvinder... ?!

Please update Paraworld.tk with new mods! Italian users are starving to death :P
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

so, i will work more with AyCe and Kharg on CEP from now on (i'm also waiting for Scrat to show up), but Mirage will be still developed

btw, what do you think about seas warpgate? right now in mirage seas has the same warpgate as the dragon clan with taslows machine on it, but maybe for seas we could replace the Warpgate with something different, like on of the big weapons (scorpion or big cannon), because SEAS doesn't want to leave the ParaWorld, but instead to conquer and rule it

tell me your opinion
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

i thought about that too. maybe one of the objects from the last mission?
if not, i would vote for cannon
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

How about big headquarter gate? Or is that already used in wall upgrades?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I suggest a Command&Conquer Tesla Tower with lots of mirrors... no? ;)

Ok, seriously, what about the 'planet accelerator' from mission 16? Any chance we could make a smaller one out of its parts?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

I would vote for the Difference Machine :D
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:How about big headquarter gate? Or is that already used in wall upgrades?
nope, it isn't used yet, and actually a good candidat
Triceratops wrote: Ok, seriously, what about the 'planet accelerator' from mission 16? Any chance we could make a smaller one out of its parts?
no chance, all of the 5 parts are way to much big, the collision radius is more than exceptable
AnthonyCole wrote:I would vote for the Difference Machine :D
nice idea, but something that has some animation would be better
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I meant the inner ring (the drive) stuck into a base
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Well, we could add effects, should be easy ^^
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Or tesla machine from sequence end mission seven with a big blue dimension whirl
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Or tesla machine from sequence end mission seven with a big blue dimension whirl
thats also a good idea, but the problem is, that it hasn't the blue whirl effect on its own
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

And if we take dc gate animation and color it like seas gate? And those parts that don't fit we can make invisible?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:And if we take dc gate animation and color it like seas gate? And those parts that don't fit we can make invisible?
you know we can't duplicate models (if we change texture, that would affect dragonclans warpgate as well)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I forgot like half.. xD

and just the little machine made bigger?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:and just the little machine made bigger?
unfortunatelly there is no scripting interface to scale models (the client exe has an internal method for that, also used for actors in sequences, but that is out of reach :( )
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Question: Is it possible to split activation up?
e.g. from

:arrow: 3 new heroes
:arrow: units+ and flying units+
:arrow: buildings+
:arrow: New features
:arrow: Fixed bugs
:arrow: 200 supply
:arrow: Mana system
:arrow: Reactivated Siege units

only load files for

:arrow: units+ and flying units+
:arrow: New features
:arrow: Fixed bugs
:arrow: Reactivated Siege units

is there a way without making 15 different mods?
well, there is a possibility to split up the activation of some features, like supply and mana, in the same mode =)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Smooth :)

Like what, tick the features you wanna play with?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Smooth :)

Like what, tick the features you wanna play with?
Exactly, where you can tick the dim.gate, or diplomacy, you will be able to choose between supply and so on
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

very good, the checkbox for supply-system is done and fully operational
and i didn't have to replace "Allow Players handicap" with it :D
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

what do you think about the hybrid seas tank i made for seas, (upper part from seas turret, lower from dragonclans dragon tank)
should we keep it, or skip it?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

My opinion, keep it
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

sadly the others seem to be passive...
btw. i'm working on a new feature - which SEK originaly also wanted to implement - the hero-pool.

What is the function of it?

The global hero pool means that every player can access this common pool through taverns and hire heroes. If a hero gets hired by someone, he will be removed from this global-pool, so that he disappears from all tavern of all players. So that only one player can have a certain hero at a given time. If the hired hero dies, he returns to the pool, and can be hired again by anyone. If a certain hero is already choosed to be hired, but the production time hasn't finished, that hero's icon will be disabled at all taverns, so that other players can't click on it.

Also to make the game even more interesting, not all heroes are accessible at the same time. Instead the pool gets a timer, - inspired also from SEK's similar idea - which randomly chooses from all available heroes (not hired by anone yet) 3 (currently, this can be changed later) to be showed up in the taverns, so that the players must choose to hire a hero which is currently available, or wait for the timer to make a new random hero selection. (its also possible that the same heroes will be choosed again). The timer also informs every player when a random selection happens.

This feature can be activated freely, just like the supply-system (only in skirmish and multiplayer) and can only be used at Predefined set. It also prevents heroes to create spirit (so they can't be resurrected).

Opinions?

Return to “MIRAGE”