Perplexities about Mirage

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
Lycaenops

Perplexities about Mirage

Post by Lycaenops »

Hi everyone,

I'm a ParaWorld player from Italy. I used to play it kinda ten years ago as a kid, and now just reinstalled it with the mods that you guys made: the win7 fix (which allowed me to run the game on win10), the boosterpack, and finally mappack and Mirage. Quite impressive work there btw, my compliments.

ANYWAY, maybe someone here can help me figure out a couple of features: 1) how do I enable the enhanced unit limit? And 2) I've read that the latest version of Mirage has an RPG function, "crash", which I'm really curious to see, but I haven't found it anywhere.

Many new options have appeared in the game menu and in the option menus, but they all just say "!DUMMY!". It's quite odd, I don't know if the thing's supposed to be all over or it's just on my game.
That's not a big deal though, the game and the mod seem to be running normally. Except the fact that "!DUMMY!" also appears instead of subtitles and in-game hints.

Thanks to everybody for keeping up a game that didn't get the success it deserved (probably 'cause of the damn unit limit [emoji38]). Looking forward to your replies.
Cheers
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Perplexities about Mirage

Post by Scrat »

Hi Lycaenops, welcome to the forum! :)

The !DUMMY! bug happens when there's something wrong in the localization folder. Check Paraworld\Data\MIRAGE\Texts and tell us what is written in the file _ltflist.txt

1. The unit limit of 200 can be enabled by ticking the "enable supply mode" function in Mirage server settings (found in the main Paraworld settings menu, the one you can access right after start).

2. The Crash RPG is not really a mod, it's just a single map. Go to your normal multiplayer maps, select the 8 player map Crash RPG and play. There's a post in the forums describing details: http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2183

Cheers!
Lycaenops

Post by Lycaenops »

Right.
About the !DUMMY! bug, here's what's in the ltflist text:
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/main_uk.ltf
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/dialogscenes_uk.ltf
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/questlog_uk.ltf
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/newsticker_uk.ltf
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/questions_uk.ltf
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/sequences_uk.ltf
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/gameoverreasons_uk.ltf
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/playernames_uk.ltf
/Data/Locale/uk/Texts/mapnames_uk.ltf
/Data/BoosterPack1/Locale/uk/Texts/boosterpack1.ltf
/Data/MIRAGE/Texts/mirage.ltf
I still haven't found a "Mirage server settings" in the game options menu, but I guess it must be one of these, so we'll se once the dummies are gone xD
!DUMMY!.png
Last edited by Lycaenops on Mon Jul 25, 2016 19:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Lycaenops, welcome :)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Is your normal Paraworld in US or UK English? Check Sunflowers\ParaWorld\Data\Locale and see if the folder in there is named uk or us.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Lycaenops wrote: I still haven't found a "Mirage server settings" in the game options menu, but I guess it must be one of these, so we'll se once the dummies are gone xD
your menu is definitely older than it should be as of now, but maybe its because we use the test version

Return to “MIRAGE”