Post by Triceratops »

One word :P AWESOME

I'm looking forward to the new version of Mirage
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by Scrat »

Would be very cool. Except for arch druid >.<

and btw again, Zeppelin not being able to load res col sucks hard. Only noobs use it to prevent themselves from being killed, and every good player can't use it for collector transportation. Sak Noel would say "what the fuck!?", I say if we keep this, people will start hating us. :x

I'm trying to get more involved into funmode for sounds and so on, I just have very important things to do now which atm require all my time.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Would be very cool. Except for arch druid >.<
Why arch druid exactly? =)
Scrat wrote:and btw again, Zeppelin not being able to load res col sucks hard. Only noobs use it to prevent themselves from being killed, and every good player can't use it for collector transportation. Sak Noel would say "what the fuck!?", I say if we keep this, people will start hating us. :x
i know and i allowed in the upcoming version for testing, but there is one thing to consider:
flying units are not just free to go on every terrain/water, but they can also go out from the map (the CAN_FLY attrib's side effect). This means the player itself could not bring a flying unit back to the gamefield unless using the army controller. The other players couldn't even find it in such cases nor attack it.
Scrat wrote:I'm trying to get more involved into funmode for sounds and so on, I just have very important things to do now which atm require all my time.
Really good news :D
and don't worry, we have all the time of the universe, at least until December 21st xD
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

MrMorgana wrote:i know and i allowed in the upcoming version for testing, but there is one thing to consider:
flying units are not just free to go on every terrain/water, but they can also go out from the map (the CAN_FLY attrib's side effect). This means the player itself could not bring a flying unit back to the gamefield unless using the army controller. The other players couldn't even find it in such cases nor attack it.
Just add an extra variable to disable that?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Why archie? Cuz everybody plays him, for good reason >.< but people gotta get their asses out if standart playing anyway so that's good

Ok.. But how can u send them off over the edges? First, there are 128 length units of land used for safety that you can't even see ingame, second, how can u send, mouse goes unclickable if you point it too close to the edges.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

AnthonyCole wrote:Just add an extra variable to disable that?
To disable such a side effect requires more than an extra variable (if its possible at all)

btw, i just worked on it more, and now the timer's frequency and the count of selected heroes can be customized on the gameplay tab in options menu
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

how would this hero pool effect resurection of a hero? Would heroes now not be able to be resurected? I also assume this would mean removal of heros from the point buy system and also the ai army presets

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Anakey wrote:how would this hero pool effect resurection of a hero? Would heroes now not be able to be resurected? I also assume this would mean removal of heros from the point buy system and also the ai army presets
as i said this feature can only be used with predefined set (where you can't add heroes from pointbuy) to solve the problem of changing every pointbuy presets. Resurrection of heroes is disabled to prevent that someone tries to hire a hero, but in the end the hero would not be there, because someone else resurrected him.
Just like in normal game and in boosterpack, where the heroes don't create spirits in singleplayer, if you start a game with this feature in mirage, the heroes could not be resurrected.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

so the dustrider hq and zeppelin issue can be solved by making the hq-deadtime count if a dustrider player has no other (free) resource collector just those which are in a zeppelin

of course noob players can play even so, by just unloading a dr-hq from a zeppelin for a second, but to do so, the zeppelin must be near to a suitable place (so can't be far away from the map's edge), and then can be hunted down by the opponent =)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I still don't see the difference between parking hq zeppelin on a mountain and parking hq turtle on the sea. There are battleships and there are air units. Plus, a noob trying to avoid devictation always finds a way ..
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Having a lack of air-units I can only see this being a problem in CEP, isn't it? And in CEP the other player could hunt down Zeppelin+DR HQ with their own Zeppelins. Of course, only if Zeppelins haven't lost their attacks yet but as far as I know this is not the case... I think Mirage needs a tournament to go find out its balance issues. Having played several games against Henry I can say I loose because of playing insufficent, not because of Mirage imbalances. What I still dislike a bit (on Affeninsel for example) was the lack of fast movement to react to Henrys attacks. This can be prevented by continous scouting obviously but with such a large map it felt like playing on my own for many parts of the match and this was kind of boring. It wasn't Henry's or mine fault, there is basically not much to do in PW except for taunting each other or killing some wild animals until you will attack with EP3 units. I had suggested to Henry to allow players to erect special buildings which allow attacks over a large distance

Barbarian Sacrifial Place -> you start building somewhere in the woods next to his base -> timer shows the enemy you started building it -> builds a lot faster than Portal, like 60 seconds -> enemy needs to find it to prevent you firing into his base

This should start with EP2 and will make the game a lot more tense I think. Each tribe could get one kind of building to start with, maybe we can add more later
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Ok.. But how can u send them off over the edges? First, there are 128 length units of land used for safety that you can't even see ingame, second, how can u send, mouse goes unclickable if you point it too close to the edges.
Scrat wrote:I still don't see the difference between parking hq zeppelin on a mountain and parking hq turtle on the sea. There are battleships and there are air units. Plus, a noob trying to avoid devictation always finds a way ..
thanks to the extended zoom, you can command the zeppelin to go further from the map's edge than ever before. Unfortunatelly, after some distance the zeppelin can't be seen, so once you deselected it, you can select it only with army controller again. This also means that the enemy players even if they tries to go from the maps edge with flying units, can't select the zeppelin to attack. Anyways with this, that the timer activates when every hqs are in zeppelin isn't that bad at all. Even if you decide to load every mobile hq into zeppelins, you have full of ten minutes to drop out a hq, and also the dustriders temple with the big temple upgrade becomes a hq itself, so i don't really understand what is the problem with this solution
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Ok. Didn't know about temple. It's ok
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Triceratops wrote:Having a lack of air-units I can only see this being a problem in CEP, isn't it? And in CEP the other player could hunt down Zeppelin+DR HQ with their own Zeppelins. Of course, only if Zeppelins haven't lost their attacks yet but as far as I know this is not the case...
in cep nothing flies atm :) not even zeppelin
Triceratops wrote:I had suggested to Henry to allow players to erect special buildings which allow attacks over a large distance

Barbarian Sacrifial Place -> you start building somewhere in the woods next to his base -> timer shows the enemy you started building it -> builds a lot faster than Portal, like 60 seconds -> enemy needs to find it to prevent you firing into his base

This should start with EP2 and will make the game a lot more tense I think. Each tribe could get one kind of building to start with, maybe we can add more later
i actually thinks this is a good idea indeed, anyways we have to make the concepts for these buildings of all 4 tribes before implementing them
btw, i think that the seas great cannon has already a similar functionality :)

and i also want to make a building like nydus worm, like an uderground tunnel system for seas...
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Why don't we make small towers weaker and cheaper so u can use them for rushing?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Henry and Scrat, I meant something like the SEAS Cannon, but smaller. I would not change the small towers, they are fine for what is their position in the game. What I have in mind (Henry probably knows) is a mix of a Capture-the-Flag-object and the Dimensional Portal but which does not win the game immediately

Ideas (all attacks cause area-of-effect-damage) (They can disturb workers or damage buildings in early game)

Norse - Runic Place which can shoot either weather/thunder/lightning attacks
Dusts - Totem that shoots Termites/Grasshoppers/Tornados
Dragon - ?
SEAS - ?

Minimum range (like Rocket Ramps)
High maximum range (about '2 screens')
Can target either visible targets or fog of war (blind shooting)

Does not auto-attack enemies in sight per default. Players can set the building to Aggressive, Defensive and Passive mode like units

When player orders to shoot at a target, it continues to shoot at it and does not interrupt in case other enemy units show up in sight or attack it

Sight range like towers
Does not reveal fog of war where it hits

Low damage but knocks infantry off their feet
Rate of Attack: every 20 seconds
Duration of its area of effect: -

Building Time: 60 seconds
Timer informs the enemy about start and end of building process
HP of buildings 250-1000

All four buildings have the same effect and only differ in appearance
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

i wanted just to say, that new Mirage installers won't include Wintermode anymore, because its way to big (approximately 100 MB compressed!) and it just won't be changed (why to iclude it then every time in mirage) so i put it separately on the server and will be available with a new installer
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

great news :D
i just made a brand new warpgate for seas (still need to make an icon though)
and i promise it will look awesome ;)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Screenshots please :wink:
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

not yet, still a bit of editing needed...right henry with the...what we talked about yesterday
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Arvinder wrote:not yet, still a bit of editing needed...right henry with the...what we talked about yesterday
its not sure that it will be removed though ;)
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

well, show me a pic later without it
when i come on xfire
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

okay Tric, the new task for workers, you have wished for, is done =)
but the other for brushes not yet
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Excellent, I'm eager to test it
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

zeppelin can load dr hq? :)

Return to “MIRAGE”