MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
Trexoid

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by Trexoid »

I tried but my computer wouldn't let me uninstall it so I turned off the fire wall but the problem still occurs :(
SuperYenthe

Post by SuperYenthe »

Mirage wont work for a reason. :(
Can someone help me please?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

You have installed Paraworld + Boosterpack and they work?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Try starting pw using the file mirahe ssss bat in your pw bin folder
SuperYenthe

Post by SuperYenthe »

Well,I have the boosterpack and it works.But the problem is fixed.After I installed Mirage, Mirage wont work and the regular Paraworld doesn't work too.But when i reinstall Paraword,Paraword Worked Plus Mirage works too.
Its Rare but its fixed.

P.S.
(I purchased Paraword on a site NOT for free)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Good news ;) Installing Paraworld again is quite helpful and a common solution for a lot of problems with the game
SuperYenthe

Post by SuperYenthe »

Indeed but still 1 problem,Mirage wont show me the army controller (On the left) Its kinda hard to play without that.If I click on it,it doesn't appear.:S
Can I Fix this?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Before you start a mission or a skirmish battle go to the game's settings menu and turn on the army controller. It is turned off because the army controller in its current state can only show 52 units and therefore it is not in use per default if you start Mirage
SuperYenthe

Post by SuperYenthe »

Ok,Thanks. :)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

New hero system concept

i think we should think more about it, because (like we discussed the issues of pw in tavern some times ago) currently pw is kinda slow in gameplay, to get new special units, which are essential for certain strategies are hard to get available, and then again changing to a different 'techtree path' is taking 'ages'

i prefer the first implementation (only that tesla should be the other multitribe hero, not Ada, but thats not so important), with all the different aspects, which the chosen hero would boost

and tbh the a hero system like the one in wc3 is way better (i'm really like Trics idea to give Heroes multiple, upgradable special abilities, and some of the special attributes for leveling them up), and making currently hero bound special units available with higher epochs, or bound to special buildings (like altars, totems, etc) or upgrades (like upgrading warriors into jetpack warriors) or even keep some units bound to heroes somehow (same way as now or differently...) would make the game more dynamic.

Also many players already dislike the special units system of now, so it would offer a different way to go. I know that many other players think, thats its a pw speciality, but testing out something new isn't all that bad, is it? :)

i'm also open for making it optional (like supply), and if its good, then make it standard

opinions and ideas?
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

MrMorgana wrote:New hero system concept

opinions and ideas?

None, just do it :mrgreen:
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I guess that's not what you want to read now, but is it possible to make the supply system optional like the warpgate or choose hq position, so you can switch it on/off before game?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I'm not sure if I have a different version but it should already be optional :)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:I guess that's not what you want to read now, but is it possible to make the supply system optional like the warpgate or choose hq position, so you can switch it on/off before game?
Answer :)

just you are using an old version, and i'm still not ready with a new one :\
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

ah, alright then. ;)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Idea:

Zeppelin with suicide function.

Zeppelin has no attack rocket (with an attack rate so slow it's almost annoying) but a suicide function which makes him crash on the player's will.
Useful for e.g. low hp zeppelin to make one last impact against the enemy
or
e.g. you load 10 fighters into your zeppelin, make him crash on the enemies army, your 10 fighters drop out without a scratch and fight the injured enemy!

what d'ya think?
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

well that depends on how much damage the zeppelin does on the crash as well as the cost of the zeppelin, these need some discussion or the zeppelin will end up like the poisoner, like almost never used
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

It will still have all his abilities (fast scout, flying transport, res collection point and storage cap increaser) but his way of dealing damage would change.
How much damage it might be, that requires balance tests..
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Question of the day:

should the current system with temple upgrade remain (barracks and garage have healing-aura upgrade for infantry/cavalry - respectively) or should the laboratory (engineering bay) serve as both temple and weaponmaker (upgrades' invention place)?
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

i say keep it as it is, as the seas have more advanced technology then any of the other tribes, i would think that they would have specialized facilities for the units produced at that particular building rather then having one place that would be able to fix everything.

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I like this too - what about adding a banner with a redcross to the baracks instead of the aura? And a screwdriver or a spanner would look a lot better than the aura
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Make it turn on and off, like supply?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Make it turn on and off, like supply?
uhm, well to make a setting only affecting one tribe is bad, we should play (/test) with it, and make a decision (i don't wanna then later on for every tribe specific thing the same would be the solution)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

btw Kharg, the day/night cycle is done:

- if turned off, almost everything is normal, only animal gets sleeping idle anim at night (but they act immediately if the player so commands, so they are sleeping only at idle state)

- if turned on all non-nightactive animals sleeps during night and wakes only up at sunrise (wild animals too) and every non-dayactive animals sleeps during daytime (atm there is no such animal ^^); in game daytime is showed below the the time since gamestart, and at sunrise and nightfall there is a sound feedback

so we only need to decide about which animals should be nightactive/non-dayactive ;)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Hmm dinos were afaik all day active..

make the eusmilus and smilodon nightactive
instead of invisible

then they can ambush the enemy in the night while everyone else is sleeping

Return to “MIRAGE”