MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
Nekron1982

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by Nekron1982 »

Guten Morgen habe eine fragen und zwar habe Paraworld Gold und euer B.P. drauf und möchte gerne wissen ob ich jetzt den Seas mod und das mappack draufmachen kann und danach den Mirage mod ob das zusammen geht . Bitte um Hilfe . Gruss Nekron !
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

MrMorgana wrote:on the other hand if you (you, Kharg, AyCe...) would start working again on cep (prev. seasmod) i can help you with those things ;)
o.k..
i'll see what i can do..

when i start mirage paraworld always hangs on the landmap loadscreen. what can i do?
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Nekron1982 wrote:Guten Morgen habe eine fragen und zwar habe Paraworld Gold und euer B.P. drauf und möchte gerne wissen ob ich jetzt den Seas mod und das mappack draufmachen kann und danach den Mirage mod ob das zusammen geht . Bitte um Hilfe . Gruss Nekron !
Hi Nekron, willkommen im Forum. Du kannst jetzt SeasMod, Mirage und das Mappack installieren. Die Mods stören sich untereinander nicht. Wichtig ist dass du die Dateien zuerst herunterlädst und sie anschließend mit Rechtem Mousebutton -> 'Als Admin ausführen' installierst

Viel Spaß damit

Scrat wrote:when i start mirage paraworld always hangs on the landmap loadscreen. what can i do?
Scrat, install the entire game again if you havent yet
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Julianus Flavius wrote:But in some situations it makes sens... eg in the boosterpack pirate level getting miyagi makes sense and in the campaign, in every level after the amazon temple getting the trader makes sense...
well thats not a bad idea
Miyagi and Tarna would be good, but Trader is problematic, because his t4 unit, the zeppelin would allow players to fly anywhere, and would make the missions to much easy; just think to mission 6,7,8,9,10,14,15.
Especially mission 7, where you have to bring Cole, Stina, Bela and Taslow to the water sanctuary
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Julianus Flavius

Post by Julianus Flavius »

MrMorgana wrote:
Julianus Flavius wrote:But in some situations it makes sens... eg in the boosterpack pirate level getting miyagi makes sense and in the campaign, in every level after the amazon temple getting the trader makes sense...
well thats not a bad idea
Miyagi and Tarna would be good, but Trader is problematic, because his t4 unit, the zeppelin would allow players to fly anywhere, and would make the missions to much easy; just think to mission 6,7,8,9,10,14,15.
Especially mission 7, where you have to bring Cole, Stina, Bela and Taslow to the water sanctuary
Not if the dustriders get a squadron of pteranodon riders... besides it'd be up to the player not to 'cheat' and they'd also lose a lot of points which makes subsequent missions harder.
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

what i asked triceratops in tavern if can be made,rethink,rethink

1 to remove stupid limit of resources per epoche,the stupidest thing i have seen only in this rts,i reach limit per epoche 1 workers stop.

2more workers per farm

3automatic mining,farming,woodchoping,fishing,or any resourse colecting without transporting resourse from source to storage like in aoe3.
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

demetrius wrote:what i asked triceratops in tavern if can be made,rethink,rethink

1 to remove stupid limit of resources per epoche,the stupidest thing i have seen only in this rts,i reach limit per epoche 1 workers stop.

2more workers per farm

3automatic mining,farming,woodchoping,fishing,or any resourse colecting without transporting resourse from source to storage like in aoe3.
1: If we remove limit then that would remove the idea of the game being a civilization game, it needs to be a game where the player's civilization evolves and grows.

Plus the only reason there is a limit is because there are no buildable storage buildings at epoch 1 accept the town centre it self.

2: This could be possible but for paddys i'm not sure in case there are links, if there are then paddys can only have 2 links and so 2 workers, i know this is possible with slaughter houses though

3: No, the game is way more realisitic the original way, aoe3 is the easiest RTS game i've ever played mainly because of the method of collecting resources. The only way i would agree to this is if automatic resource collection buildings such as paddys and slaughter houses have a storage building inserted in it. I would never agree to this with dead animals, bushes, fish, trees and stone collection.
demetrius

Post by demetrius »

questions 2 and 3 are ok, accetable,but limit per epoche definitly wont that removed,or give option,or where is that said in files i will remove it myself??
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

MrMorgana wrote: Miyagi and Tarna would be good, but Trader is problematic, because his t4 unit, the zeppelin would allow players to fly anywhere, and would make the missions to much easy; just think to mission 6,7,8,9,10,14,15.
unlock him for mission 3 only then :D
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:unlock him for mission 3 only then :D
Not bad =)

Question: would it be better to make Babbits exo enforcer a special unit for him (maybe even a model replacement for Babbit) or should it remain the titan of SEAS?
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Julianus Flavius

Perhaps the trader should also be avaliable in the holy city level too?
an maybe make babbit's exoenforcer built with one transport capacity but it can't move without babbit inside?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Julianus Flavius wrote:an maybe make babbit's exoenforcer built with one transport capacity but it can't move without babbit inside?
nope that would make it less used
Julianus Flavius

Better than having clone babbits haha
Then it should unlock babbit's special building when in play at least...
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Babbit level 4 gives upgrade for making him exo enforcer?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Babbit level 4 gives upgrade for making him exo enforcer?
thats exactly what i was talking about =)
with it he would still have the mini-gun ability (with the gun of his exo) + the jetpack ability in addition on level 4 and 5
who think that it would be a good idea?
Julianus Flavius

A far more elegant solution than mine :) good idea I say
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

1st Solves problem for having Babbit animation twice (once hero, 2nd in combat exo suit).
2nd helps for unit limit and supply.
3rd Babbit and all his specials won't get lost but a way stronger unit is received.
4th exo enforcer jetpack is very cool.

*Voting for idea (especially because of 4th reason)*

We should actually also do that for Seasmod! Even if we have to eventually approve a little loss of armor (Babbit 50 75 - exo 50 50 ?).
Julianus Flavius

Well I've never really understood why he has such an ubsurdly high armor anyway. I mean does that suit contain armor plates or something?
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

Scrat wrote:Babbit level 4 gives upgrade for making him exo enforcer?
I like the idea and it was considered many times even with SEASMOD, but I can't help feeling that Babbit's increased usability will make other heros less used.
Julianus Flavius wrote:Well I've never really understood why he has such an ubsurdly high armor anyway. I mean does that suit contain armor plates or something?
Well he's a Robot ain't he, made of metal...
It was just a balancing problem, will be fixed.
Julianus Flavius

Babbit is not the most-used hero as it is though...
and I was talking to Babbit's high armour values outside of the robot suit.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Julianus Flavius wrote:Babbit is not the most-used hero as it is though...
and I was talking to Babbit's high armour values outside of the robot suit.
Babbits high armour value is his level 1 speciality

btw i managed to make his special t4 bonus for seas the transformation into babbits exo enforcer (on level 4 and 5), but there are some open questions: should the filters for infantry or the filters for vehicles work on him? shall Taslow's t3 ability work on him? etc
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Makehim a hero vehicle
Gets bonuses from vhcl upgrades but no taslow, cuz he (babbit) is still a hero.

Idea: if he gets killed in suit version normal babbit pops out of suit? Then taslow effect would be ok
JK1011
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by JK1011 »

Like I said many times before I would only agree to something like that if there is a catch involved.

If the idea of the robot getting destroyed and babbit remains continues then one of the following should be used henry:

1. If suit is destoryed then current babbit should not be able to re-enter the suit unless the current one is killed, then the newley spawned babbit would be able to enter the suit when returning to tier 4.

2. The ability to keep babbit alive if the suit is destoryed should be an upgrade.

3. Both.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I would rather babbit's filter to become "Other", then taslow ability would not work, stina's ability would not work, and he can't mount infantry only transports. That would stop all this mess.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

well, atm he is still belongs to characters, and i assured that he will be unmounted from open transporters, and can't mount them again if he gets exo-outfit. i also assured, that snare traps won't catch him, and if he is already trapped by one, he gets free on level 4 or 5 (some other fixes too, like no poison, etc)
so this time, he doesn't have the disadvantages of the vehicle class, but there are for example armor and damage filters (because of different treasures or upgrades) which alter only certain specific classes (like working only on CHTR or VHCL)
atm the filters for CHTR works on him and maybe this should stay so

making him pop out from suit if that gets destroyed is too much good, and would be little paradox with the destruction anim of the exo suit, where the model of babbit gets killed
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Agreed

Return to “MIRAGE”