Cheats for resources

ertada

Cheats for resources

Post by ertada »

Hello everyone!

First thank you to the creators of the forum and its community for keeping this gem alive.

I activated the cheats and I think I did it well because they work for the most part. It is just when I want to use cheats for the resources, it does not work, nothing happens. The cheats for the resources are between 1 and 5 rigth? Do you know why nothing happens? Am I doing something wrong?

I added a snapshot of the settings file where I added "EnableCheats = '1'", to make sure i put it at the right place.

Thank you a lot in advance.
Attachments
cheats para.PNG
cheats para.PNG (7.18 KiB) Viewed 5763 times
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Cheats for resources

Post by MrMorgana »

if other cheats work, then the setting file is surely okay.
can you look in the cheat file itself, and look for errors in the resource lines?
ertada

Post by ertada »

Thank you MrMorgana for your answer.

I continued looking on the forum and I found a post that said that the cheat file of the cheat guidelines post did not work and we should download this one instead (it actually looks like the exact same file as the one in the post for the cheat guide), but with this one, I actually managed to make the cheats work. I am very happy. Now, I wonder if there is a cheat to unable unlimited population?

It's the first time I post something on a forum, so maybe I have to ask this question in a new post and this one should be closed down since it is resolved?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

no mate it's okay, if you want you can edit the title :) welcome to the forum!

I don't know about unlimited population via Cheats, but with the Mirage mod, you can switch from the normal 52 unit limit to the so-called Supply system which (in theory) allows for 200 units, although some units use more supply than others (e.g. a Brachiosaurus uses I think five supplies but a worker needs only one).
Beware though, the game can only handle so many units on the screen at any given time. Depending on your PC, it might already start lagging when two or three full grown armies face off against each other.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

ertada wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 18:03 pm It's the first time I post something on a forum, so maybe I have to ask this question in a new post and this one should be closed down since it is resolved?
I think it's very unhelpful to close threads in general. If a thread is that bad it should be deleted, otherwise it should stay open, so that the information from the people of the past is not lost. Nothing more unhelpful than encountering an old thread in some forum, where you cannot post an answer because it has been closed, thereby making it harder for future visitors to find the information.

Having sufficiently different questions in 2 different threads though makes a lot of sense. :)

Return to “Cheats”