CEP 1.2.1

Makes the SEAS playable and adds features!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

CEP 1.2.1

Post by AnthonyCole »

OUTDATED. SEE THE OTHER TOPICS FOR UPDATED THREAD!

Community's Expansion Pack 1.2.1

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

Buggyness and Lazyness - that's what kept me from CEP-development for quite a long time. We actually did nothing for this release in the last months. It is, in fact, just a collection of bugfixes and little improvements we added in the weeks after CEP 1.2.0 was released. And after almost a year, I thought that we should release this "patch" - why keeping it back for a version that might never come?

Not much to say. I'll say write something anyway.

Fixes
There are some. Object-terrain-brush of the MG-nest and Small Turret. Fixes in Rescue Ada mission. More randomness is sown. (Probably without effect). Transferring a gate to another player (by triggers for example) will now update the pathfinding. Idle and shooting animations of the shotgunner and barry/harry fixed. And tiny translation updates. Maybe the most noticable: Eusmilus-Stina will now sleep instead of freeze when special-move'd by another Stina. Also, Lambeosaur have 250 instead of 50 hitpoints now.

Improvements
The game info panel now shows the author and version of a map in a separate line, Mirage-style. Oh, regarding Mirage-style: The zooming from Mirage is now available with CTRL pressed down and the regular zooming is now... regular zooming again. In code, it's just a

Code: Select all

!
before

Code: Select all

bStrg
. And the Shotgunner's soundset was removed, it now uses dustrider voices. I consider that an improvement.

For mappers
Object-action-actions have more options now: Mine, Use and Harvest. You will need to edit SDK-files to use this or use my SDK fix (is it included there already? I don't remember...). But frankly, when you have an idea, and you want to script it, don't let code be your restriction. We can add a lot of stuff on the server and client side. So can you. Learn USL today!

As usual, last-minute-hassles with various stuff.
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: CEP 1.2.1

Post by Scrat »

haha mate you rock :D
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Will you come back and help us with CEP 1.3 / 1.2.2 so we all rock even more? :D
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

i'll aid wih mapping, but only that
what's with all the new guys, e.g. the one who makes modified animals like the mammoth with the seismo gun and so on. or the guy who's totally into parasaurolophus. or the one who showedup some months ago and wanted to help coding the cep. what's with y'all? join in on this crew!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Scrat wrote:the guy who's totally into parasaurolophus

Yeah, come and join us guys! Make some missions! And stuff!
I doubt they will ever read this...
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

i mean the huge parasaurolophus fan :roll:
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

you were understood ^^
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

good, good. well what's with them, if they don't read this we should contact them personally. a better way to recruit people. we need new, top motivated folks to keep the mod running, it's always been new folks who carried on the seasmod. first you, kharg, henry and several other guys after all the old guys failed (including me, lol) and now that you and henry are the only ones left to actually do some coding, we need fresh blood :D
Dragoooooooooooo

Post by Dragoooooooooooo »

GUYS hello! i am new in this forum and i got a problem downloading the SEAS mod i just doawnloaded it today and when i opened it it said START CEP i clicked it and the screen goes black for a long TIME after i close it there is a massages that says " USL ERROR" SO COULD ANY ONE PLZ TELL ME WHATS WRONG OR WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

also with mirage :(:( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
it stops responding after it says choses a debuged
Everything ends but Family never ends.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Hi Dragooooooooo, welcome :)

You forgot to install the Boosterpack? What version of Paraworld and Windows do you use? Which folder did you install the game into?
Dragoooooooooooo

Hello tric ^^ glad to hear from you ^^

well yes i installed the boosterpack and to open it its called Paraworld Boosterpack i opened it and there was nothing changed. then i installed the SEAS MOD after i installed it there was "start cep" i clicked it and the screen goes black for a long time after i closed the program there was something said "USL ERROR" then i said to post it here My friend marcus on youtube showed me this place ^^ anyways the same was with the MIRAGE any answers? oh just forgot my paraworld version is 1.0 plz help me :)
and my windows is " Windows xp proffisional "
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

This problem is due to you not having the boosterpack.

Download and install this: http://para-welt.com/download_main/counter.php?file=0

Then it should work.
Dragoooooooooooo

I already installed the booster and on my "disktop" there was my pararworld game and there was another paraworld called " Paraworld Boosterpack " and another paraworld called " paraworld SDK " and then i installed " THE SEAS MOD " then there was a pararwolrd called " paraworld seas " to tell the truth it was paraworld but i dont remember if it was paraworld seas or not. anyways whats the problem?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Don't install the SEASMOD, because it's completely outdated. Install the CEP instead. If you have already done that, great.

It might be that you have moved your Paraworld folder. Please post the exact message with the USL-error you are getting.

Usually the problem lies in the Boosterpack not being correctly installed. A reinstall with the Boosterpack 2.0 usually fixes that. It's also important that you choose the correct language for your Paraworld there.

The latest Version of Paraworld is 1.05, which is included in the Boosterpack. You don't need any additional patches, only the Boosterpack, preferable the 2.0 one.

You can try starting regualar Paraworld and choosing a windowed resolution in the options menu. That way you should be able to see the messages better.
Dragoooooooooooo

1. all of the paraworlds things are in ONE FOLDER TOGTHER
2. could you give me the CEP LINK
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

http://para-welt.com/cep/

What do you mean with ONE FOLDER TOGTHER ?

Please give me the USL error message text.
Dragoooooooooooo

I mean when i downloaded the regular paraworld. when i was installing it there was a folder called sulflowers/something and something anways the USL ERROR is not here not which means i unstalled everything about paraworld and installing everythiing all over again.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

So does it work now?
Dragoooooooooooo

THANKS!!!!! OMG I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA STAY BLACK BUT IT WORKED !!!!! thanks AnthonyCole ^^!!!

now the other problem :( is : after i was soooo excited to try the seas i played the CEP campaign but.. the bad news is... it didnt complete the loading it even did want to start ...
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Good news, the game at least starts :) Now to the next problem. CEP and Mirage have longer loading times than Paraworld used to have. So have you tried 1 minute, 2 minutes? Please try that and report us what happens with the loading bar and when it stops loading
Dragoooooooooooo

Okay here it goes ^^
on Cep, when i try to play the new compaign missions it takes more than 14 min and still the loading bar dosen't do anything, and on MIRAGE when i start a skirmish i do what i suposed then it get this page when u guys are talking a wierd language and then the game start. it happenes all the time in every loading page.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Wierd language? What do you mean?

For CEP, try setting the game to windowed mode and start a mission/skirmish. Then you should be able to see a Text Box Window popping up when there is an error. Please post the text you can see here.
Dragoooooooooooo

Thats the wierd language i as talking about comming up in every loading bar.

2nd problem is why cant i maxzimize ?? it dosen't want to click :(

see its small I cant maxzimize it :( :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :( :( :( :( :( :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Adder
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Adder »

I can't even tell what language that is, the image is too small.
You can change the size in the options + restart.
Dragoooooooooooo

it dosen't matter, what matters is it comes to me when its the time see the loading bar
my question is why it comes ?

Return to “CEP (formerly SEASMOD)”