Terrible bucking // furchtbares Ruckeln

Scrat
- Mod -

Terrible bucking // furchtbares Ruckeln

Post by Scrat »

Hi y'all..

Since an eternity I am having the same problem: After ~30 minutes of playing my Paraworld just starts jerking and it does not matter what I do, the buckling stays. Everything jerks, even the chat. I type the words and half a second later they appear. This state is unplayable, and just some time ago I had to leave a game because of that. I tried switching off Xfire while playing, my virus checker, even the darned media player, nothing helped. It happens at every graphics quality, so turning that lower didn't help either. The only theory I have is that my laptop is getting too warm during playing. Any other, smarter ideas why this happens, and how to solve it?

-----

Hallo ihr,

Seit einer Ewigkeit nervt mich das selbe dumme Problem: Nach ~ 30 Minuten Spielzeit fängt mein Paraworld an, schrecklich zu ruckeln, und es hört damit nicht auf. Alles hat eine Wahnsinnsverzögerung, selbst der Chat: Ich tippe die Buchstaben und sie erscheinen im Feld erst eine halbe Sekunde später. So kann man nicht spielen, und grad eben musste ich wieder ein Game deswegen verlassen. Ich habs mit Xfire ausschalten versucht, mit Viruschecker ausschalten, sogar den verdammten Mediaplayer hab ich ausgemacht, und es hat alles nichts geholfen. Nichtmal die Grafiken runterdrehen hat was gebracht. Die einzige Theorie, die ich habe, ist, dass mein Laptop beim Spielen zu warm wird. Hat jemand hier eine andere, mehr Sinn ergebende Ahnung warum das passiert, und wie ich das lösen kann?

Thanks, that really sucks. // Danke, es ist echt nervig.
:|

Edit: Found a temporary solution: If I go to desktop for ~10 minutes, the jerking is gone when I re-enter the game. :) But still, it sucks.. -.-
// Hab eine halbwegs brauchbare Lösung gefunden: Wenn ich ~10 Minuten auf den Desktop geh und dann das Spiel weitermach gehts wieder. Aber trotzdem.. -.-
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Terrible bucking // furchtbares Ruckeln

Post by Triceratops »

That is probably your notebook's power management doing its job... :wink:

Please look for information about your notebook drivers on the interwebz and search for problems connected to them. Maybe there are some settings that come with the drivers/power management tools can help you with that

For a while some older AMD X2 chipset drivers had this problem as well. I fixed it with new cpu and mainboard drivers, a power utilitiy and by changing some vital settings that I read about on a hardware support forum

Be careful with it, don't expect a notebook to be as powerful as a desktop pc. If it gets too warm, better live with a good cooldown method
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

what are the specs of your laptop, its probably ether high CPU or ram usage if its ram that is the problem, then there is a program called Mimimem that will help free up unused RAM up to every 5 seconds if needed, if its CPU usage then have a look in the task manager and see if there are any programs other then paraworld that are eating the cpu.

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Thanks for your answers, but meanwhile I figured out that it's because of the cooling. It just gets too warm, so I will need to move the laptop around every 20 minutes to prevent the bucklings. Which is what I will do. ;)
PS: No other major programs were running during the games. My CPU and Ram are always quite free, I don't use them a lot. My power management was on 'Recommended by Dell'. Considering that it's a laptop I can say: Line of argument cloistered. :D

But still, thanx for your help. I'm happy to know people who are computer literate. ;)

Return to “Deutsch”