Replacing unit icon

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Replacing unit icon

Post by ParaworldFan »

I wonder if this possible by making the filter and if it’s enabled on map, make it change unit icon. By looking through tech_tree I have seen how this done, but this was done for buildup icon, and meanly was done for buildings. I have question is this possible to make it with unit, because while I did same action as was in tech tree for unit, it replaced icon of buildup in barracks, but in toolbar, and when it’s selected it’s still was with old icon.
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Replacing unit icon

Post by Scrat »

You can change the entire description of the unit in TechTree. E.g. if you want the NM spearman to have the DC archer icon (for some reason), you can put 'ninigi_archer' into the hu_spearman's description line.

To change the icon only, you'd have to change the description of the unit in (e.g.) H_Hu_Produkte.SEML to make it use a different icon. Then you don't need to touch the TechTree.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Re: Replacing unit icon

Post by ParaworldFan »

I mean, already created the new description. I just want that on custom map with applied specific tech tree filter, some of units will be changing their icons and discription if this need to be done.

Return to “English”