Mountable Holy city walls

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Mountable Holy city walls

Post by ParaworldFan »

I wonder, if this possible to make a holy city walls (the ones from mission 13) able to mount units, just like regular walls?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Mountable Holy city walls

Post by MrMorgana »

i think not
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Maybe if you replace normal wall models with that of HC walls it might (kind of) work
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

But I still need original walls😃
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Quick question: is it possible to mount infantry on walls in SDK, as well as mount them on transporter?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You can do basically anything in the SDK using cheats, which are just one line of arbitrary code executed on the server. If you find out how the game does the "mounting on wall" thing you can put the appropriate command in the cheats.txt and execute it.

No idea about this thing in particular though.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Sounds difficult🙁
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

AnthonyCole wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:27 am You can do basically anything in the SDK using cheats, which are just one line of arbitrary code executed on the server. If you find out how the game does the "mounting on wall" thing you can put the appropriate command in the cheats.txt and execute it.
Wait, for real? what can you do for example? give every player 50 000 starting resources? make buildings/units invulnerable? all this by pressing F6 like ingame?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Scrat wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:15 am
AnthonyCole wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:27 am You can do basically anything in the SDK using cheats, which are just one line of arbitrary code executed on the server. If you find out how the game does the "mounting on wall" thing you can put the appropriate command in the cheats.txt and execute it.
Wait, for real? what can you do for example? give every player 50 000 starting resources? make buildings/units invulnerable? all this by pressing F6 like ingame?
Offtopic, but...

Well, you can do that via menus too. ^^ But yes, the editor is using the same server that the game uses, just with a different "frontend". Instead of time passing and game logic running, it runs the editor scripts. I always wanted to use it to place unconstructed buildings in a map, that the player or AI has to finish first (instead of placing finished, but damaged buildings), but I never got around to it. I've modified the CEP server scripts so that it supports flattening ground for SDK-placed buildings (like it would when placing one ingame), and random rotations for objects. Fun fact, these functions have no security whatsoever, so if you would modify your game client you can just tell the server to "please flatten the position at X,Y for placing building type Z". This is not how things should work.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Can’t say, I understood something....

Return to “English”