Scape template problem

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Scape template problem

Post by ParaworldFan »

I kinda finding uncomfortable that, the function scape template have minimum selectable area of square 18x18. Because kinda really big and messing up some copying, also,I ve encountered problem where changed scape have size of 18 x 17 for example, and it’s on map edge. When I am trying to paste in this place copied scape from square of 18x18 map, and SDK ultimately freeze, and I can’t even close SDK, so I should reboot the whole system. Is there a way to make scape template square minimum selection area, like 5x5 or whatever other?
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Scape template problem

Post by Scrat »

if you're in mapeditor and you press G on your keyboard three times, the big grid that appears shows the blocks the scape templates' minimum size follows. I don't know if you can alter the minimum size.

But the freezing issue can be avoided by counting or estimating the grids. The top left edge of the template will be the reference point, so if you start positioning the template, start from the top left corner of the map and carefully move it into position in order not to have any part of the template cross the maps boundaries. it's a bit of a hassle but it works. on smaller maps, you can "cheat" a little by "hiding" the mouse cursor with the template behind a window and moving the map into position with the arrow keys before "making the cursor reappear" from behind whatever window it was hiding behind and putting it on the proper grid block.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Does this possible to rotate selection on map?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

You can rotate it only in steps of 90 degrees with the buttons on the template menu. I can't remember well if it rotates the template around the fixpoint... I think it doesn't, the top left grid square stays the fix point, but I don't remember clearly. If it crashes, I'm wrong on this one...

Return to “English”