Mirage file sharing

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Mirage file sharing

Post by ParaworldFan »

I would like to offer mirage devs, to make a one folder in Dropbox or Mega doesn’t matter. Files which often being edited and is really big or hard coded like TechTree. It would be a real pain merging each time two different tech tree from different devs in one for guild, so my suggestion make one shared tech tree and put it on like I said Dropbox or mega, and everyone could edit it and it’s automatically updates in real time, so another mod will always have a newest version of its file. Or if we already have this kind of thing, may I have acces?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Mirage file sharing

Post by MrMorgana »

there is already a dropbox folder, where the mirage files can be accessed, but i would suggest using a different method, already suggested by AyCe years ago: github
although i will need some time to set it up, the result will be much better
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Okay, I ll be waiting, because if you are wondering what I was doing, I did large job in TechTree. I payed attention to units, buildings and other things that devs and other modders prefer skipping or not pay attention. This resulted in really long text changes in TechTree so, I guess it would be better if we have one file with you, so it will ease way of setting up new changes in build. I am pretty sure you and DryFun did new TechTree changes for incoming build, and I don’t have them or knew about it. Btw, I can try set up github instead for you, but....I will be needing all files from you which should be added here.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

which units, buildings and other things are we not paying attention to exactly?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I didn't mean to be offensive, but hu_undead_warrior, Schliemann_zombie, hu_undead_killer had supply bug, that they didn't had their own supply corse, so they wouldn't played death animation when dying in enabled supplies. Also no one was fixing developers 'Lore" bugs in singleplayer maps and cutscenes, neutral animals don't have weapons on level, have only one, as well as all Valhalla guards. They as well don't have sounds of selection death and etc, and they even don't had icons in toolbar (Valhalla guards, arena animals) pirate ship parts in Russian localization don't display names. In tech tree I find that pirate boss from mission should be able to regenerate, but code was wrong and it wasn't. Some kind of this stuff. Not much important, but still. I As well tried to balance some units on epoch 6, like amazon temple avatar, scorpion, king kong. I also fixed babbage mechanization cause it had low cost, and updated its stats. Updated zombie schlieman stats and lots of other stats, would be better to show you changelog than list it all there because I really don't remember anything. I just knew, that this boring stuff about unplayable units no one will be interesting to do, so I took care of it.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Units that were not supposed to be used by players (like those from valhalla mission) didn't have supply for that very reason, not by oversight. same goes for bugs when they die in supply mode.
There is nothing in techtree that indicates pirate ship would have been been able to regenerate itself, but you are free to prove me wrong.
Last time, when DryFun and Player (RIP) started to change balance (stats, etc) on their own i didn't like that they did it without asking me first, so let's not repeat that, please.
Also i already created a repository for Mirage on GitHub, that's done at least.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I can send you tech tree and you can check all stats by yourself, but honestly, you already have it
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Anyway, here we go, this strings should be already in your tech_tree:
7 = '/Objects/Special/BLDG/pirate_ship_row'
8 = '/Objects/Ninigi/BLDG/pirate_ship_sail'
9 = '/Objects/Ninigi/BLDG/pirate_ship_tail'
Acording to code, I guess it was for the pirate_boss or it was for early version of ninigi_pirate_ship or whatever mirage pirate ship named. It doesn't worked because of wrong path, but I have fixed it.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

what can github do better than dropbox for us?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I dunno, probably only Henry knew it xD
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Ok, then let's set up Github :)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Can I get access atleast to Dropbox folder for now?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

OverVored, there is pretty much nothing new in dropbox compared to the latest build which is available to download.
until i upload newer files, you need to be patient
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Fine, but can I hope on help in scripting via teamviewer about this https://para-welt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2313?

Return to “English”