Dragon clan pirate ship

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Dragon clan pirate ship

Post by ParaworldFan »

Can Henry make that ship which can be build on epoch six, it’s stages like row, sail and tail, will not be just deleted while ship dies and also play their own animation, or atleast will be destroyed while the ship get lower hp. For the example, first fade of lowering hp is destruction of sail, next is row, and last is tail. Than ship fully destroys when hp reaches zero. For now, these parts only deletes and plays animation of death only of main part, with cannons.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Dragon clan pirate ship

Post by MrMorgana »

Short answer: i may be able, but not planing to do so. Reason is: what you want to do is good for the campaign version, but not the epoch 6 one, in campaign the pirate ship's parts are partially independent objects (buildings to be exact), which can be targeted and damaged separately. Each part has its own destruction animation, because its is not sure which one gets to 0 HP first. The destruction animation is far too long and spectacular. They already update their destruction flag when the ship's health falls below certain amount. If the simple destruction flag changing would play destruction animation, it could even result in them being repeated over and over again in a short time if the ship get healed while being damaged. Or they do play only once, but that's odd too, if the ship gets back to full health and still having damaged state. I also don't really like giving them a specific order in which they play their destruction animation.
Now that I just double checked how the models work, i confirmed that pirate ship's destruction is basically a two parts process:
first each of the three parts plays plays its own destruction animation (they have only one animation), and at the end they still float on water. The object which is currently used as destruction model is the second part of the whole process, because this is blows up, and falls apart and sink into the water.
I will most likely implement this 2 part destruction process in next build, whenever that comes.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Can’t say I understood what you meant, but my question was if possible to make the parts of ship destruction too. Like they they get destroyed while HP reaches certain position as for buildings. I didn’t meant to give the parts own Hp like in campaign.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

basically I recommend making them play destruction animation only when the ship gets destroyed completely. By losing certain percentage of hitpoints they already update how they look like.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

But they still have all parts on it. Btw is it even possible to make all parts destroy at the end and than play destruction animation of part with cannons?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

that's exactly what i meant with 2 parts destruction process, amd yes it is possible (with lot of coding)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

You will gonna add it? It will be super cool to see😎😎😎

Return to “English”