Seas Jail idea

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Re: Seas Jail idea

Post by ParaworldFan »

Kinda now you are meant wrong, because discussion gone even to add it or not. No one already describing functionality of this building. I already found the idea what I can make by myself without help of others...
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Paraworldfan, many of your examples are not buildable ingame now (volcano, graveyard, horn), and seas healing well and disruptor are not unusable, and they are unique, at least more than producing units of other tribes. As far as i remember both were originally hero buildings (well for Druid lvl4, and disruptor for Kleemann or Babbit lvl4), but when old players started to complain about not having seas speaker and other buildings from SEASMOD/CEP, i rearranged seas techtree. Healing well and disruptor remained ingame as default buildings, because me and others liked them very much, and they are taking very small place, and had a kinda distinct function compared to buildings of other tribes. I also took into account, that the other tribes have also some special, default buildings (like dragonclan's telescope tower and traps, norsemen bunker, etc). Scorpion itself is still a dividing factor, because a LOT of players wanted to be able to use it, even if its not having animation, so its not really fair to compare to that. Same goes for big cannon.
Anyways, your statement that long time ago many things were added is true, and most of them were also removed (for a good reason...), and the one who was adding them into mirage was me personally. Many stuff that got implemented weren't my ideas though, i read the forum topics many times, and collected ideas. I also come up with ideas of my own, or copied stuff from other games. Most of these ideas are not ingame anymore though. So please, don't blame us not allowing you to have crazy ideas, just don't expect too much help, if the idea you happen to come up with doesn't really 'resonate with us'. Most of the ideas you wrote thus far are also complicated, and i'm not young anymore so that i can spend too much time for doing stuff i'm not interested in, or teaching anyone how to do it.
Don't take it personally, i (we) like you, just this jail thing not enough :)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

ParaworldFan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:32 pm Kinda now you are meant wrong, because discussion gone even to add it or not. No one already describing functionality of this building. I already found the idea what I can make by myself without help of others...
Are you really sure you did it without any help of others?
If i remember correctly, i helped you when you couldn't produce hero units in jail (at least i made icespearman producible and guided you how to do the same for others).
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I completely understand your position guys, but how Henry mentioned this news was here by adding and removing, so they had chance to be in game and after if they were bad or good were removed or leaved be. I was speaking about that you even don’t give my idea to have chance show that is useful or not. How we can judge about being useful if we didn’t tried anything. Even old objects. About complicated things, I think we both agreed that idea with hero imprisoning is complicated, I already forgot about that lol...
And no, you helped me a lot with seas jail which should produce units, I did mean to say I found way how I can do functionality of another jail without help.... this topic was mainly not about seas jail which produces units, this topic was about to discuss ideas how to use the jail which don’t have any exits or doors....
And how come we turned it into drama, saying that I want to add crazy stuff, when I just want to add new content and look how others will look on it. But Scrat started mentioning there is no need to give it even a try....
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

so, what is your current idea for other jail model?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Make it like bamboofarm, but harvest wood automatically. Idk how was in another country but in USSR imprisoned people was usually working as free workers on lumberbills. I still also think about idea for this building, like with seas disruptor which will decrease enemy armor in big radius, and there is another idea, but it’s probably complicated to make, is make seas jail is artifacts safe, where we can put artifact in safe place and they still give current player buffs... I dunno which of ideas is better and easier to make, probably the one like bamboofarm, so I made this post to ask other opinion about which idea is you like more.... it wasn’t planned there will be option named “no one”🙁....
So still, not sure which one to pick and start work with, needs opinion....of community
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

hmm, the artifact safekeeping i like, although its very OP. Maybe that's the very reason i like it. But useful, that's for sure.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

We can also make the Miagy be able to steal them from jail....or not able too😅
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

artifact safe sounds good and miyagi plundering artifacts from there sounds very good too! maybe i was a little harsh saying it would be shoehorning stuff in, it really is how we started - make use of what we can get because what we can get is (was) limited.

which of the two jail models would better fit this purpose?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I would suggest to use, this one, cause it doesn't look like producing building and I guess it will suit perfect, cause there is no other option for this model. the another model of jail I already used to produce hero units
Attachments
scr_20200501_144442.jpg
scr_20200501_144442.jpg (457.4 KiB) Viewed 8644 times
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

fine by me. even looks a little like a SEAS-ish museum to put artifacts on display.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Yes. Now you think like me😃😅
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

ParaworldFan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:17 am Game contains two Jail models. I will speak about the second one which can only be seen where was Ada imprisoned. This model doesn’t have any doors, exits, enters. I long time thought what function this building could do and here is my idea:
Make this building like hero jail
Works like bunker but abit different
When the enemy player’s hero dies this unit is doing same action like if he was boarding on transport or in bunker. It’s automatically disappears from map, and the owner of hero can see abit in FOW Round jail where been hero. The hero can escape from jail only by the player destroying the building. Players hero still taking sloth in army controller, but it cannot be deleted, level upped or downed, until hero will be freed. Jail planning being a specific mirage epoch 6 building, which also increases unit limit, and costs much of resources. Jail can capacy max three heroes. No matter how big distance between hero and jail, it will automatically be placed in prison, except from action if hero was killed by its own owner or if it was on ship and just died in water. Imprisoned hero cannot be also revived in tavern. So, what do you think?
Got an idea how to make this idea more simple technically:
The imprisoned hero will die casually, well maybe with no animation, just like deleting from map and From army controller. But player, whose hero was “imprisoned”, will not be able to build this hero in tavern again, until the player destroys the jail.
After jail destruction, heroes “dies”, so it doesn’t get back in hero army, it’s just becomes again available in tavern. Also could be not giving vision near prison for imprisoned hero owner. Like a hero sitting in basement or underground and not able too see anything outside. Also for prison owner we can make just simple counter which displays amount of imprisoned heroes, but doesn’t show which heroes actually is inside jail.

I think, it shouldn’t cause any problems to skirmish AI, since they casually attacks hardly, even without any heroes, if they locked for example on custom map. Ofc, they won’t spam heroes like before, but they anyway break jail, if they break player camp and in that way, they will get the heroes back to them.

Return to “English”