Triceratops Units

Archeonix
- Norsemen -
- Norsemen -

Triceratops Units

Post by Archeonix »

Hi

How i can have on Mirage the Triceratops Log Canon (Hu, Titan) and the Triceratops Transporter (Hu, No Titan) ?

Thanks
Triceratops
- Mod -

Re: Triceratops Units

Post by Triceratops »

This will be possible in the next version of Mirage ;) There is no relase date yet so we all have to wait :(
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Triceratops wrote:This will be possible in the next version of Mirage ;) There is no relase date yet so we all have to wait :(
the tric titan's weapon will be changable, like the dr brachio can have different buildups, but the other unit, the normal triceratops transporter won't be included, since the buildup has model and/or textures issues (turns invisible from a certain distance)
by the way: the beta testing of new version starts this weekend, and i would be very happy if you could join Tric (especially trying out the shared unit control and the new hotkey system)
Archeonix
- Norsemen -
- Norsemen -

Post by Archeonix »

Oh I see, i will try to add the Trice Transporter on the Techtree..
I have try to make a new trice log canon (no titan) with the mammoth log canon ;)

Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

This Weekend? Ok!
Zillatamer

Post by Zillatamer »

Hey, I was wondering if I could just make the triceratops transporter for the dustriders a non-hero unit, and put it at level three?

Is this possible with simple techtree modifications?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

yes
Zillatamer

Post by Zillatamer »

... Can you tell me how?

I mostly just want to keep the game intact, but make those changes to the triceratops, and add in the non-titan rex to the dustriders without installing the full Mirage mod (don't quite like all the changes)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

do you use boosterpack or pw1.0?
i'll fix you up with the triceratops. can't give you the trex without mirage tho, that won't work
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Zillatamer wrote:... Can you tell me how?

I mostly just want to keep the game intact, but make those changes to the triceratops, and add in the non-titan rex to the dustriders without installing the full Mirage mod (don't quite like all the changes)
simple question, straight answer :D

(assuming you are using boosterpack) do the following:
open the techtree with the text editor you prefer (i would recommend notepad++) be sure you are the the beginning of the file ("RooTt"), then Ctrl+F (Find function) and type in aje_triceratops_archer
then click on find next button
it should bring you to this:
aje_triceratops_archer {
duration = '30'
visibility = '-1'
what you need to change here are the following:
  • (at flags) level = '4' to level = '3'
  • (at inventobjects) 'babbage_s4' to the code of the epoch you want it to be unlocked, for example if you want it at epoch 4, then 'age_4'
(if you want it to be also available on level 3 in pointbuy menu, you need not only add in 'NewPointBuyCosts.txt' the appropriate entry, but also change in techtree at aje_triceratops_archer object entry the captainlevel = '4' to captainlevel = '3')
next thing to fix is adding the level 3 weapon (asside from mirage the units only have weapons for their intended levels, i.e. level 4 units have only weapon entries for level 4 and 5)
to do that, find with Ctrl+F this: aje_triceratops_weapon_d {
this is the start of its level 4 weapon entry
you need to make a similar entry before it, with a name like aje_triceratops_weapon_c { and changed values in the entry
  • level = '4' to level = '3'
  • damage = '60' to damage = '50' or something like that, be sure its less than level 4 damage
then find this: path = '/Actions/Aje/Build/ANML/aje_triceratops_archer/visibility'
if you were doing everything in the sequence i wrote here, it will bring you to Babbit level 4 hero specials
you need to insert the exact same code later on at the 3rd epoch section
so copy the whole block, i.e.

aje_tt_vis_mod = '1' {
op = 'add'
path = '/Actions/Aje/Build/ANML/aje_triceratops_archer/visibility'
value = '1'
}
then delete it, and delete also a bit below, under Lvl5_tt { (so that if you happen to have Babbit on level 4 or 5, he won't give cyborg tric extra visibility (which would make its icon invisible))

the find this: path = '/Objects/Aje/InventObjects/age_4/invented'
it bring you to the 3rd epoch upgrade section of dustriders
what you copied at babbit, you need to paste in here, for example after

mod_vis_build_catamaran = '1' {
op = 'add'
path = '/Actions/Aje/Build/SHIP/aje_catamaran/visibility'
value = '1'
}

be sure you copy-paste the block in the right way, otherwise the game will either crash, or not work properly!
now you only need to modify the level 3 stats (once again, asside from mirage the units have no usable values on levels they are not intended to be used, i.e. hitpoints on level 3 are 0 or 1, etc)
find this:

Lvl3_Bonus {
priority = '1000'
LevelBonusData {
description = '_aje_triceratops_archer'

once found find this:
Modificators {
Dummy {
op = 'append'

here could be added the level 3 changes
the best if you go a bit below to level 4 changes and copy-paste those in here

3_Add_hitpoints {
op = 'add'
path = '/Objects/Aje/ANML/aje_triceratops_archer/hitpoints'
value = '2999'
}
10_Add_scalps {
op = 'add'
path = '/Objects/Aje/ANML/aje_triceratops_archer/scalps'
value = '50'
}

then change 3_Add_hitpoints value from 2999 to 2699, and scalps value from 50 to 40

if done, save the file, and it will work, unless you did something wrong

as Scrat said, the non-titan rex won't work in bp, or other modes (without a lot of of work and server scripting enabled)
which brings me to question (if you don't mind), which changes do you not like in mirage?
i'd like to hear feedbacks ;)

Return to “English”