Editing Special Moves

chipmunk

Editing Special Moves

Post by chipmunk »

How do I edit special moves? There's almost nothing about them in the TechTree.
For example, how do I give a hero someone elses move, or make it so that sacrificial moves are performed on enemy units, or edit ranges of special moves? Things like that.

What I specifically wanted to do was give CEP Miyagi the special move/icon of MIRAGE Miyagi.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Editing Special Moves

Post by AnthonyCole »

I think you need to look through the Task USLs

\PW\Data\CEP\Scripts\Server\classes\task

Btw, what special moves to Tarna, Trader and Miyagi have in CEP again?
Resurrect, Twins, Sacrifice? Why arent there USLs for Twins and Sacrifice?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

AnthonyCole wrote:Btw, what special moves to Tarna, Trader and Miyagi have in CEP again?
Resurrect, Twins, Sacrifice?
true
AnthonyCole wrote:Why arent there USLs for Twins and Sacrifice?
Miyagi uses Kleemann's sacrifice (the original script) which is located in (i assume) MayorSpecialMove.usl, the Twins ability doesn't have a standalone task class, its basically a simple procedure
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

chipmunk wrote:How do I edit special moves? There's almost nothing about them in the TechTree.
For example, how do I give a hero someone elses move, or make it so that sacrificial moves are performed on enemy units, or edit ranges of special moves? Things like that.

What I specifically wanted to do was give CEP Miyagi the special move/icon of MIRAGE Miyagi.
some stuff related to abilities are in techtree (like that how the cursor changes hovering over allied/enemy objects, the icons and decriptions), but the important parts are in the task specific USL files (like the aforementioned MayorSpecialMove.usl)

in addition the file describing the unit's class must be changed, e.g. Hero.usl (note that Miyagi and Stina don't belong (on scripting level) to Hero class, but have their own -> CEusmilus (located in Animal.usl) and CSBaryonyx (located in Mirage.usl [mirage] / Animal.usl [cep]) respectively)

The task from mirage miyagi itself can be found in Miracle.usl, named CWalkingBomb.

And we still haven't talked about how to import the icon from one mod to another, or how to change ai's behavior (so that it can use the skill), and so on...

in all honesty its a ton of work, and probably not worth the trouble
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Yeah, it's probably not worth it on second though- I'll just use MIRAGE... which is really what I should've done in the first place. Thanks for replying though!

Sorry that this is almost completely unrelated, but I felt like making a new topic for it would be pointless, and would clog up forum space...- how do I get all the original maps (including the CEP mission) back? I've ruined most of the levels, generally by saving other maps over them.
Related to my map problem; when I zoom in in the Tutoria level, it still tells me to zoom in. Can't get past that part.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

To recover the maps install the Mappack again. And/or the game :) You can make a backup of your changes (maybe they are useful in the future) though
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

chipmunk wrote:Related to my map problem; when I zoom in in the Tutoria level, it still tells me to zoom in. Can't get past that part.
yep, thats because the zoom change -> you should use either PgUp and PgDn keys to zoom in/out the old way, or you must press and hold Ctrl key while using the mouse wheel
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Henry, we need to fix this for next CEP release, and only enable Mirage Zoom WITH ctrl/shift (i forgot) and not by default.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

AnthonyCole wrote:Henry, we need to fix this for next CEP release, and only enable Mirage Zoom WITH ctrl/shift (i forgot) and not by default.
true
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I have a question: if I want to add a hero ability what hero already have very same, but for other hero, I still should do .usl file changing?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

yes, and it may not work properly, if the other hero doesn't have the necessary animation(s)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

But animation can be changed, I mean force the unit play another animation which he is while casting spell?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

yes, and you need changing .usl scripts for that too (techtree stuff must be changed ofc too)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Okay, good that makes a sense

Return to “English”