Dragon clan nerfs

Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Dragon clan nerfs

Post by Scrat »

Not counting armor upgrades, battle mammoths have 30 defense (melee and RC), scorpions have 0 armor. If both of these units have 2000 hp, that brings the mammoth's hp to 2000 + (30% of 2000) = 2667 hp. The scorpions hp stays at its normal value even if corrected for armor (since it has none).

Now, the scorpions attack does pierce armor, so for this fight, the mammoth in essence stays at 2000 hp, making my calculation useless. lol

Them having the same amount of hp (again, counting for a duel between the two only) but the mammoth dealing more damage per minute should mean the mammoth wins. Maybe the lacerate attack does change that; if you have the two units duel and the scorpion wins, how many hp does it have left?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I don’t remember. Btw I noticed, that mammoth harvester also got +100% against BLDG. is there really need in this?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Nothing is needed: neither the changes that was made in MIRAGE, nor complaining about them. Anyways, I think it gives the unit more usability in a different way than giving it abilities like trumpet.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I think it would be better to give them a bonus against animals or vehicles one, But that’s just mine opinion. I think that way, because mammoth harvester not that strong as dragon clan scorpions so, it woulnt stand for long against gates or towers.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

To be honest it was not given them to be good against walls, gates and towers, but instead simply killing normal buildings faster (e.g. weakening/destroying economy of opponent, for example a simple resource outpost). Harvester mammoth is typically a unit which should be used more for economy purposes (since it can collect all 3 type of resources), and having the battle mammoth do fighting. Scorpion on the other hand is a bit more like an actual combat unit, which can also boost economy by collecting trees. But that's only my opinion.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Makes sense with mammoth. Anyway, this post is about dragon clan, so let’s get back to topic😅
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Why dragon clan’s triceratops have armorpiercing and splash damage? Aren’t this too much? While this stats usually have titans, or cannons like mammoth log or seas bombarded or dragon tank or ships, but hey not the unit of level 3. No one of the units have both this Adonis, they have or Ap or splash.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Dragon clan Gatling rider can get armor upgrade up to 30 melee and 30 ranged. Aren’t this too much, for the unit of level two compare to high attack frequency and mobility of the unit?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Poison trap attacks while staying invisible. This is OP, because this can be destroyed only with usage of druids
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Or targeted area of effect attacks on the ground where the traps are hidden
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Idunno, but still when trap is damaging me it’s remain hidden and I am not able to see it until use ability of shaman, that means it will be in reusable and will be damaging my units all the time
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Btw why don’t make an exclude, so smoke tower not any longer hide gate and walls.
Because, if player had enough time to build defence, destroy gates is kinda painful if you don’t have units like log cannon or seismosaurus, since army is going dummy and can’t fight because of hidden walls. I think it will make Dragon clan less powered and more balanced, in way. Atleast it will be much fair comparing to other tribes...
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

what's the purpose of the tower if not hiding defence buildings? there's no need to for the inside of your base to have smoke towers. they can only buy you time if you're overrun by the enemy, and that 2000hp tower won't keep the enemy from destroying your headquarters for more than a few seconds.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Only walls and gates, not whole defense buildings. Also I can build a whole map with them and until I not destroy every of them, I can’t even get inside his base. For destroying it like I said I should have something like log cannon or seismosaurus, but taking artillery army on slot 3, makes my army less effective against bend my army, which still also camp on base, and will attack me, while I start attacking their smoke towers. In result I ll just die maybe killing a few towers, which can be builder again. But enemy gets a time, which they use to rush my base while my army is building. That’s the purpose
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

DC smoke throwers (the invisible making lvl1 mechanical units): With their high defence ratings from upgrades they provide an enormous advantage if built in high enough numbers (5 or so). The entire army is protected from damage and can deal out heavily. Maybe better as level 2 unit or with less armor?

another thing: the lance upgrade for the parasaurolophus drum has a downside which is the drum will charge into battle. This means it rides far enough away for its bonus to no longer effect the seismo titans and other long range units fighting from afar. Maybe an archer instead of a spearmen would be better.

What do you think?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Scrat wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 20:08 pm DC smoke throwers (the invisible making lvl1 mechanical units): With their high defence ratings from upgrades they provide an enormous advantage if built in high enough numbers (5 or so). The entire army is protected from damage and can deal out heavily. Maybe better as level 2 unit or with less armor?

another thing: the lance upgrade for the parasaurolophus drum has a downside which is the drum will charge into battle. This means it rides far enough away for its bonus to no longer effect the seismo titans and other long range units fighting from afar. Maybe an archer instead of a spearmen would be better.

What do you think?
Dc smoke throwers in large amount is a really big problem, but there is one big minus. They are very slow and usually walks behind army and not with them, so smoke effect covers a very small part of army, and it’s real pain for me to force them walk like they should do. But if close yes on this thing, and fix it, yes , smoke bombers is real problem because of hide ability, if you also upgrade Taslow to level 4 and give them regeneration.

About parlance, I actually didn’t noticed that, it’s probably because your army was fully ranged units, but with close combat vehicles I guess it shouldn’t be a problem?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

the heaviest DC units are ranged. an archer which could stand like ~25 metres from battle would solve the problem since the aura would reach both melee and ranged fighters

Return to “Balancing”