Map Editor HELP!

crazyflutegirl

Map Editor HELP!

Post by crazyflutegirl »

Hey Everyone,

Ok. I've been trying so hard to be able to make my own maps for paraworld, and its so frustrating cause it never works.

First off, i have windows Vista, as if that isnt already frustrating enough...
I have the US english version of the game.

I installed the 1.01 patch.
I installed the SDK level editor,

HOWEVER, there is no button to click on in the start menu (windows OR paraworld)

I cannot find it in Program Files
I do not have a SUNFLOWERS folder in the Program Files folder, its just called Paraworld, and in every folder, there is no link watsoever to get to any map editor.

Can someone help???

PLEASSEEE
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Map Editor HELP!

Post by Scrat »

Sounds you made some mistakes during installation. You installed everything that way? http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=741
crazyflutegirl

Post by crazyflutegirl »

Ok. so i got it working..
however i dunno hoe to place objects

like i click
insert > Objects

Then i click on it, and press place object, and it doesnt place? weird eh?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

You have to double-click an Object and left-click it on where you want it to be. ;)
Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

@CFG

When you want to put dinos on your map, use the nests in "All" and then go to animals. You can set how much dinosaurs you want to hatch. The Bird nests don't work, so if you want some pterosaurs, go to the bottom of the "Animal" list, and you should find Pteranodon_Deco, Quetzalcoatlus_Deco, and Ornithocheirus_Deco. For Marine animals, it's best to not use the nest, so just put the marine animals "without" nests.

The reason you should use nests, it's because, for example:

You put an Allosaurus somewhere far away (or just nearby your base), that Allosaurus can actually go in or in front of your base, since it doesn't have a nest. It's recommended to use nests.

For mountains use the "Alt" button, change the brush, (where it says "Default Q 10x10"), to anything higher than 10 or you can customize it. To lower the scape, use the "Smooth" button (Blur), and the Rough button, well, to rough the terrain (Noise). To make water use the "Plateau" button. If you don't change the brush anything higher than "10x10", then you cannot make mountains, except for Plateau, you don't need the brush for it.

To make a forest, just press the "fore" or "forest" button.
:mrgreen:
Beware, the Dragon Clan has machines! But not this one. :(
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Good, seems that it works :wink:
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Zumokuta Clan wrote:For Marine animals, it's best to not use the nest, so just put the marine animals "without" nests.
No, just use the nests, otherwise the marine animals swim across the whole water and even attack your harbour, if you build one. Render the nests invisible by disselecting 'Visible' and enlarge the ActionAreas (the regions in which the animals walk, their 'territory') at Trigger/Regions. Hold Ctrl and drag the arrow that shows to the sky.

The reason you should use nests, it's because, for example:

You put an Allosaurus somewhere far away (or just nearby your base), that Allosaurus can actually go in or in front of your base, since it doesn't have a nest. It's recommended to use nests.
Exactly, that's the reason. Otherwise you would probably be killed by a hungry allosaur before you have more than 10 workers. ^^
For mountains use the "Alt" button, change the brush, (where it says "Default Q 10x10"), to anything higher than 10 or you can customize it. To lower the scape, use the "Smooth" button (Blur), and the Rough button, well, to rough the terrain (Noise). To make water use the "Plateau" button. If you don't change the brush anything higher than "10x10", then you cannot make mountains, except for Plateau, you don't need the brush for it.
No, lowering the scape can be achieved by right-clicking on the terrain, at the function ALT. Smooth is good to decrease the height distances of two terrains with different heights.

And for mountains, you can randomly set 10x10 Blocks with different heights across one place and then smooth the whole thing with a bigger brush. Rough the mountain a bit, then smooth it again and the mountain is finished. ;)
crazyflutegirl

Post by crazyflutegirl »

Awesome!

So i saved my map and put it in the folder under multiplayer.

however, i dont see it when i wanna play :(

I thought this was casue i didnt have start location, so i put those in and it still didnt work

Why wont the map show in the list with all the other maps?

Do i have to edit something?
Zumokuta Clan
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zumokuta Clan »

Go click on the Start Location, press the "P" and it will open the properties window, the Start Location is in "World" change it to player 0 for your base, and player 1 for the enemy's. Yes, this stuff is confusing indeed. :?

Thanks Scrat for the info on the Marine Nests. :mrgreen:

Btw, I'm not that great at explaining things. :oops:
Beware, the Dragon Clan has machines! But not this one. :(
crazyflutegirl

Post by crazyflutegirl »

no! you guys are a greattt help!

Otherwise i would have given up sooo much long ago

you can add me on msn if u want

crazy_flute_girl@hotmail.com
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I don't have MSN, do you have ICQ or Skype?
crazyflutegirl wrote: however, i dont see it when i wanna play :(

I thought this was casue i didnt have start location, so i put those in and it still didnt work

Why wont the map show in the list with all the other maps?

Do i have to edit something?

First, make sure that the Startlocations are not too far at the edges of the map. Press g 3 times (or sometimes 4... stop pressing g after you see a white grid in the minimap). Until four blocks away from the edges, this area is cutt of the map. Watch out not to put your startlocations in there.

Then, go to Options/Info, set the name and the story of the map (the rest can be left empty), go to the second tab, then enter the player number with the arrows. Select Deathmatch or Domination OR Defender as all three in one cannot be played. The ITEM-Tab can also be left empty.

Return to “English”