Trigger size

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Trigger size

Post by ParaworldFan »

I was curious what better for gameplay quality? A few triggers, but with really long action list to do, or tons of triggers but with very small amount of actions inside of them? Suggest what is better for optimising the map, that hardly freezes with FPS? Or does it it have no difference at all?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Trigger size

Post by AnthonyCole »

As far as I could tell, trigger conditions are checked only when something happens that can change the condition and make them become fulfilled. This means that the actual impact of conditions for triggers on performance is very small. Unless you are having hundreds of trigger I doubt it makes any different for performance.

Actions may have a performance impact, but I think you have to measure this. If you spawn many units at once, then the game may have a small hitch, or it may run completely fine. They only impact performance (if they do at all) when executing and not while being inactive, obviously.

You should probably worry about logic more than performance. Few triggers that do a lot of things are excellent if that is what you want to do, I guess.

Return to “English”