Removing weapon (graphic)

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Removing weapon (graphic)

Post by ParaworldFan »

I noticed in singleplayer, that somehow is possible to remove weapons (visual effect only) on SDK preplaced units. This effect was shown on imprisoned spearman’s in mission 1 and guards of Amazon temple in mission 3. I wonder, how to do that effect?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Removing weapon (graphic)

Post by AnthonyCole »

I think this is purely visual and will not be loaded correctly (so, they get their weapons back ingame), but I could be wrong. As I remember it, the "imprisoned" spearwomen had their spears when I played through that mission.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

And, also not. They sometimes with weapon, in game, and sometimes without. How this works is unknown for me
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

AnthonyCole wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:00 am ..l.the "imprisoned" spearwomen...
Idunno how in other languages, but in Russian localization, this Imprisoned units thanks Cole with Male voices, while their basic voice is sounds like female, so maybe it’s a mistake or this units are....😇
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

I'd say the graphics indicate female ^^
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I agree xD
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

AnthonyCole wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:00 am I think this is purely visual and will not be loaded correctly (so, they get their weapons back ingame), but I could be wrong. As I remember it, the "imprisoned" spearwomen had their spears when I played through that mission.
Checked the weapon theory. In object properties in SDK there is an option named Tribe. If set it up to None, the unit will display in game and in SDK without weapon. It can be seen only after reopening this map after saving changes.
NOTE: do not do this thing with heroes, if you do, your map will crash. For other units, works fine.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

My text was about the assigned weapon not being saved. To my knowledge the game does not save the currently equipped weapon, so even if you manage to swap the spear for a sword, try saving, exiting and loading. Or also loading ingame. I'm pretty sure it regains the original weapon. Units not holding anything because of tribe changes, that's a different topic I think.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

AnthonyCole wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:49 am My text was about the assigned weapon not being saved. To my knowledge the game does not save the currently equipped weapon, so even if you manage to swap the spear for a sword, try saving, exiting and loading. Or also loading ingame. I'm pretty sure it regains the original weapon. Units not holding anything because of tribe changes, that's a different topic I think.
You are right, but well, atleast it works from start, and for me was more important graphic stuff, like holding weapon or not, than the actual possibility to cause damage xD

Return to “English”