Growing forest bug

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Growing forest bug

Post by ParaworldFan »

Sometimes due map crash, usually on saving map, when you load map again, you finding that on your map grew lots of forest, it happens only on Jungle maps, and they keep appearing. It’s annoying to delete it while it’s mixing up with previous normal forest and you can’t know which was before and which was created due to bug....
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Growing forest bug

Post by Scrat »

yeah this happens sometimes when you load one map and then load another. you need to restart the mapeditor before loading a new map otherwise it keeps some of the old map's forest for some reason. start mapeditor, work on map, save, shut down mapeditor. start it again and work on a different map.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

What Scrat said. Never use the "load" action if you have already created/loaded a map, or IdiObjs may get transferred. The editor is a buggy mess. :|
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

What I can done if I already saved map with bugged iDiObj?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

that is why you need to have maps synchronized in the cloud, and go back to earlier version, when it was still good
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

So your suggestions?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

You can manually remove the buggy bits of IdiObj forest by selecting Forest in the landscape editing window and right clicking on the forest and shrub formations that aren't supposed to be there
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Problem is that I can’t see which was supposed to be here and not. And this bugged even original singleplayer map...even whole reinstallation of game won’t restore my singleplayer maps.....for unknown reason...
And btw I removed all damn forest on map once...it appeared again, so that’s why I created that post.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

the forest that is supposed to be there looks like actual forest, with trees and everything. the forest that is not supposed to be there looks like underwood, shrubs, all that sort of thing but no trees. you can click th faulty forest with the forest landscape tool and it will disappear.

the singleplayer thing is weird. As is the reappearance. Did you quit the Mapeditor, start it, load ONLY the bugged map, removed the forest, saved the map, quit Mapeditor again, started it again, load the map you recently saved and the buggy forest is still there?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Yes

Return to “English”