Scripted bot spawns

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Scripted bot spawns

Post by ParaworldFan »

In mission of single 4, when we help Larry, on barbarian outpost 2 spawns squad of barbarians 4(pl_7, which don’t have own base and HQ), and I noticed that they had bug already from original paw, that only a few members of squad going to trader, and others just idle in outpost. I wanted to fix that. By searching all triggers I didn’t find the trigger which spawns that squad, so my idea that is probably hard coded in ai scripts.... what do you think? Prove me back, if I am wrong
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Scripted bot spawns

Post by MrMorgana »

which units do they spawn exactly?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

okay, i checked it, the units get spawned by trigger, but a different kind
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Through AI, isn’t it?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

kinda
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

okay, the trigger sends a command to AIInterface to use an AI attack type (RiderAttack_3 to be precise), which shall be executed. This has a predefined unit combination, which is created and allocated for the attack. But during validation and separation some of them gets excluded, because their position query returns an unfavorable result. This needs some time to be fixed properly, so that it won't cause new bugs.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I wonder, why knowbody noticed this old bug before me? It was even in original game...
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Because in original game nobody saw/knew how many units and where got spawned for the 'trader goods defend' sub-quest, and no one really looked through every trigger of original campaign to find problems. How did you notice it? I would guess you saw it by having shared vision of barbarian players.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I had lot of chances to notice it. Turn off fog of war for example, or how you mentioned playing as barbarian. But btw it can be easily noticed in campaign by itself. Cause squad which attacks trader goods (player_7) have name Barbarian_4, while Barbarian_1 is mainbase, and Barbarian_2 and Barbarian_3 is outposts. It’s simple to understand that is scripted player, and it have no match with outpost base. Also, these units pretty always camp in the spawn point, and do nothing, until they see player, because ai is not settled up for this player...
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Oh yes, playing the map in multiplayer allows to have fog of war to be turned off, i forgot that :D
I think when players were near the spawning point of those units (close to warpgate) they didn't check the enemy units individually what the owner's name is, just killed everything with their army. More so because outpost army got easily mixed with barbarian_4's remaining units
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Well I was checking even before mirage😅. Btw about fog of war....need node which will disable to turn it off in settings
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

no luck with that, turning off fog of war is done in source code, we can't easily disable it (could be hacked on client side, but that's not secure)
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Oh fine, it’s not really important thing anyway

Return to “English”