Map editor help

Alpha dilophosaurus

Map editor help

Post by Alpha dilophosaurus »

As before, I have a few question about the map editor:

1. How do you resize the map? And I don't mean make it bigger. When I used the map I made in game, it cropped it. ALOT. How do you make it so this does not happen?

Example:
Map editor:

In game:
Martin

Post by Martin »

The re size tool do not work. But there is a trick. Template everything and save this template. Then you make a new map with lager extensions and insert your template. All locations and object will be at there position.
4 large squares form the edge are the limitation of the map, because the Dino's fall of the map. That's why the edge is so large.

Ps: sorry about my English, it is not so good.
Realitätverlust... ich doch nicht.....
Alpha dilophosaurus

Okay. It worked. :D

Another question: how do you set the starting locations to a certain tribe? Whenever I do it, it just shifts back to norseman.

Also: is there a way to make it so the two units in the center attack eachother right off the bat? I would think they would attack eachother immidiatly anyays because they are enemies, but they don't.
Jurassic Parker
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Jurassic Parker »

1. Place the positions

2. Select one an make player 0 the owner

3. Repeat this with all locations (but then player 1,2 ,3 a.s.o)

4. Go under Options under Info and there under Game Settings. Set the max
playernumber on that what you want and select the gametypes.

5. Go under Player Settings. nhere you have to go on limits at each player. Klick with pressed Ctrl-Key on SEAS. Repeat this with all players.
Parker may be an egotistical bastard, but he is easily the best mapper para-welt.com possesses, which at least makes his intolerable arrogance somewhat excusable.
Alpha dilophosaurus

I don't understand what your saying....

I go to the strating location box, go to properties, and enter "aje" in the main box and "aje" in the "starting location 1" box. But it always resets itself back to "hu." I don't know if you have to do something in the "player info box" They have two letters, one below the other, and they both say "H" does that have anything to do with it being norsemen all the time? If so, how do you make it so it stays dustriders?
Alpha dilophosaurus

I'm sorry for double posting, but I would really like an answer to this question, if possible
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

In this window there is the player list. Go with every player to "Tribe", then you see a square window with a white list of the tribes:

Hu
Aje
Ninigi
SEAS

First these are all marked. Which tribe you see at Default has no role, just leave it at "Hu".

Then hold Ctrl and select:

Hu
Aje
Ninigi

Then you have mutiple choice.

To play the SEAS select the SEAS but no other tribe. Then you can play the SEAS, but only the SEAS.
Alpha dilophosaurus

Ah, okay. :)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Did it work?
Alpha dilophosaurus

But what if I want a specific tribe? Not just general ones

And what box are these buttons in?

Also: Is there a certain "player number" that you can assign that attacks both players 1 and 2? I have a temple ruins map I made, and I rigged it with traps, which I want to attack both sides as they try to progress through them.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Alpha dilophosaurus wrote:But what if I want a specific tribe? Not just general ones
The same thing, you select only the tribe you want to, then only that tribe can be played.
Alpha dilophosaurus wrote:Also: Is there a certain "player number" that you can assign that attacks both players 1 and 2? I have a temple ruins map I made, and I rigged it with traps, which I want to attack both sides as they try to progress through them.
Do you mean how to make different Players but in the same Team? I think tat only works in Singleplayer but I`m not sure.
Alpha dilophosaurus

Yes, but what box are these in? I can't find any that need to be bubbled in, only ones that you select from a list

And heres the situation:

On one side, there is player 1. On the other side, there is player two. In between, there is a temple ruins complex with several traps inside it, but nothing else. I want these traps to attack both sides as they try to progress through the temple. But, I am pretty sure simply assigning these traps to the "world" player won't make them do anything, and I don't want a specific player to control these traps. So: is there a player number (player 2, 3, 4, 5, etc...) that will attack both players one and two?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

There is only that one box with the Limits Button and the
  • Hu
    Aje
    Ninigi
    SEAS
List with the Default under it.

Ah, now I see. Well, I think if you put it to World they will attack both tribes, if not you have to create a third player. But it could also be that they will attack both tribes if you just select Player 2 (Player 0 is you, Player 1 the enemy) but you don`t make a thrid player they could attack both other tribes as well. I`m not sure, I haven`t tested it yet.
Alpha dilophosaurus

But there are two of them which allow you to do this, the one in the "starting location" box when you click properties on the starting point, or the one under "player info?"
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

If you make the traps to player three use the window which you open with P.
Alpha dilophosaurus

No, I mean for setting the specific tribes for the players
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Then you use the Player Info Window.
Alpha dilophosaurus

This is what it says under "player info"

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6613 ... nfobu2.jpg

I don't see anywhere you can select a tribe
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Klick at Limits, then there is the list.
Alpha dilophosaurus

Ah, thank you, it worked. :D

Now, I could put it up for download, but I don't know how. :?
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

I`m happy i could help :wink:

Try this:

http://www.file-upload.net

You go at the Button called "Durchsuchen" (is the site in English or German for you?), then you select your Map and you select the hook in the little Box next to "Durchsuchen". You wait till its done and you see two boxes with two links. You click at the blue letters over the first box, go here and press Ctrl+V, then the link for downloading is here.

By the way, why isn`t here any Map-Collecting-Thread? :?
Alpha dilophosaurus

I don't know if any other only English-speaking people have made any maps.

And I don't see a button called "Durchsuchen"

It just says:

Datei: (it has a box that says Browse)
Email: A blank box
Ihe IP adresse: My IP address
Maximalgröße: 100 MB
Speicherdauer: 1 jahr
AGB gelesen und akzeptiert: A small check box
and finally a box that says
"Datei Hochladen"

Now, it seems as if this is a "register account" thing, seeing as it asks me for my email and such.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

No that`s not. Don`t type in anything, just klick at browse, select your map and select the little hook, then you can host it.
Alpha dilophosaurus

It wont recognize my custom map. It only shows the ones that came with the game.

I save it where all the other multiplayer maps are, and it shows that its not there when I try and upload it.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

C:/Programs/Sunflowers/Paraworld/Data/Base/Maps/Multiplayer there it shall be. Next to all the other Maps called... multi_ash_6.ula or whatever your map (f.e. newmap.ula) should be there. Are you sure you saved it there?

Return to “English”