Editor crash during saving map

tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Editor crash during saving map

Post by tomeis »

Hi,
Problem is that editor crash during saving map. This happen very often(or mostly?) when saving after changing in "info" map from singleplayer to multiplayer and setting number of players, but during saving editor crash (error with pwserver.exe if remember correctly). Even putting only "starting location" and saving can cause editor crash.
I once got map saved with changed to multiplayer but after doing like this
-put starting location
-save map
-exit editor and clear cache
-run editor and load map
-change to multi, and try to save map(if saved good, if not repeat:P)
(Used editor from mirage 2.52, I didn't checked on editor with bp or cep.)
One of user from my forum also have this problem and in editor with cep too.
Polish Translator of Boosterpack, SEASMOD/CEP and Mirage(Funmode)
http://paraworld1.fora.pl/
Forum dla polskich graczy
[img]paraworld1.fora.pl[/img]
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Editor crash during saving map

Post by AnthonyCole »

Lol, editor crashes all the time, but for me mostly when I tab out and back in or when viewing object properties and such stuff. Cannot remeber it crashing when saving. Perhaps Mirage is bugged?
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

AnthonyCole wrote:Perhaps Mirage is bugged?
nope!!! =)

i mean i used the same version to redo most missions and we used it (with Scrat) to create the ass. creed map, and there was no crashes, so there must be something else...
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

Crash of pwserver.exe happens when saving map in editor with bp too.
I add "map" made by user. (or maybe don't check because your editors will start crash too?)
When I try to save it after changing to multiplayer editor crash, but after clear cache and making "my map" with startlocation only then map is saved.
But when I make second map[only startlocation again] (without exiting or clear cache) then editor crashe during saving it. ;)
Attachments
northland battle.ula
(160.53 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Dont know what you mean, I can load, change and save this map just fine.

And btw, this map won't work ingame. The mapper forgot about the 4 blocks of unusable terrain on every side.
tomeis
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by tomeis »

This map was made only for example. But I don't know if he knows about blocks of unusable terrain on every side.
Do you put second "start_location" on map, in info changed to multiplayer and set 2 players and saving without crash? And for example(or testing) you can reload old version map and do this again, and no crash?
I ask because adding objects don't make "frequent crash" but crash in saving after changed single->multi make problem.
Maybe editor with polish edition is more unstable?
I don't know why but my editor have mix english and polish words.
Loading editor looks like loading of game?
Attachments
scr_20130313_141501.jpg
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Yeah, the sunrising happens when the loading is slow (or crashed. or compiler error)

Always restart editor if you want to load one map after you've already loaded a map. Otherwise some things might get screwed up, however if you are just looking through maps without the intention to save anything, that works.

Adding a startloc, making players and MP works without crash here.
Do you set owner of startlocation #2 to player 1? Do you set Deathmatch as gametype? (is owner of SL #1 player 0 ?) all of these things are important for a map, but not doing them shoudl not cause a crash.

It might be access rights to the folder/files or space problems? Perhaps path contains a "bad" character?

Return to “English”