Suprise encounters

Alpha dilophosaurus

Suprise encounters

Post by Alpha dilophosaurus »

Okay, here's my first map:

It is a northland map, and uses the booster pack for two animals, liopluerodon and mosasaurus. If this might be some kind of problem, I can take 'em out.

Okay, here's the "setting:"

Two clans, battered by a ravaging storm, seek shelter on a nearby island. Their transport ships, to badly damaged to make the trip back, crash on two opposite shores. But, finding a surplus of resources on the island, they decide to stay. But, these two clans were not aware of each other's presence. As they each sent out a scout to explore the island, the two troops came face to face, fighting until one fell, and the other fled back to base. Enraged by these attacks, each clan vowed vengeance on each other, starting a bloody war. But savage predators on both the island and in the cold seas will only complicate this feud further.

Download:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-430 ... a.ula.html

Note: The map may not be all that good, keeping in mind it is my first one.
Last edited by Alpha dilophosaurus on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Great. I will upload it now.
Alpha dilophosaurus

Ah, si bueno. :D

Like I said, if somethings wrong with it, I can change it.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

:-D Here we go^^
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

If my dvd drive will start to accept my paraworld cd soon I will test it ^^.
Alpha dilophosaurus

Thank you again. :D Now, some of the positioning of the objects is off, but I think its okay. :)

Heres a screen shot: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6908/ruinsmt2.jpg

And another: http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/8681/ruins2qp9.jpg
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I really liked it. So much stuff to explore. There are still several bugs:

I made a replay vs AI so you will actually see most of the problems.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-430 ... p.rpl.html

- I couldn´t build a harbour. Those paths to the water are cool indeed.

- The "holes" with stone fields look nice as well. But did you really want to have only such a few amount of stone at each? It was mined out like in 3 minutes or so.

- Couldn´t enter the path to the east, only first 10 meters.

So much for criticism. A nice map, lot of space to build on and actually a sensible (means not too far) distance to the opponent´s base.

8/10 so far.

If you are looking for map name, a wikipedia article about norse mythology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology

On the right side there ist a list of a lot of norse names and places. Maybe one of them works as a Map name.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

You did it? Congrats, Alpha :D

Is that really your first map? For that it looks very good :) I gonna suck it :wink:
Alpha dilophosaurus

Ah, well appreciated.

the map editor does do some weird thing when I start it up occasionaly, some of the terrain is warped. But I shall modify it. :D Can you not select a harbor, or is there no good place to build one?

Also, what base were you using when you could not get to the passage in the east? I need to know which entrance to the sea cliffs is problematic.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

So, I had a look at your map.

There are some bugs:

1. The enemy can build a harbour but you can`t.

2. There`s no multiple choice.

3. The the bugs of the boosterpack sea dinosaurs are not fixed, so you shouldn`t place them.

4. One of the artifacts is in the middle of a mountain.

But this is all. That is really your first map? :? I have to say I`m impressed. I saw several first maps, but your is - including mine - the best I had ever seen. You made all dinosaurs to adults at the beginning, you made big ActionAreas, it`s an island map... I oull of my hat for you. If you continue like that you will maybe be as good as the people in the SEK... I still can`t believe that being your first map Image Image Image
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Scrat wrote:So, I had a look at your map.

There are some bugs:

1. The enemy can build a harbour but you can`t.

2. There`s no multiple choice.

3. The the bugs of the boosterpack sea dinosaurs are not fixed, so you shouldn`t place them.

4. One of the artifacts is in the middle of a mountain.

But this is all. That is really your first map? :? I have to say I`m impressed. I saw several first maps, but your is - including mine - the best I had ever seen. You made all dinosaurs to adults at the beginning, you made big ActionAreas, it`s an island map... I take of my hat for you. If you continue like that you will maybe be as good as the people at the SEK... I still can`t believe that being your first map Image Image Image
Jurassic Parker
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Jurassic Parker »

Nice map.

But also a few mistakes.

1. Anmals shouldn't placed directly. Just make them over nests. ;)
Then you dont have to place them. ;)

2. The Megaloceros respawn every half second. ~20 seconds are the best,

3. Dont use so much mountain-objects. Use instead the terrain. Less is more ;)

The rest have been said before.

7.5/10
Parker may be an egotistical bastard, but he is easily the best mapper para-welt.com possesses, which at least makes his intolerable arrogance somewhat excusable.
Alpha dilophosaurus

Yeah, I've been thinking of taking out all the mountain objects and replacing them with terrain mountains, though those do take a long time to make

And the artifact is not in the middle of a mountain, it is in a small cave, gaurded by the spinosaurus.

Oh, and I didn't mean for there to be a choice, as the two scouts in the middle a tribe specific.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

You know how to make terrain mountains? I learned that a few days ago sand I have the SDK since April or May...
So either you`re brilliant or I`m a fool ^^

For the fact that this is your first map and that a regular first map has 5 of 10 scores I give you at least 10 :D OK because of the mountains I give you 9, but 9.5 :)

Oh, when I think at my first map :roll: much worse than yours... much worse than anyones first map :lol:
Alpha dilophosaurus

I'll update it soon. Its just that I'm rather busy, so i don't have all to much time. :(
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Triceratops wrote:I made a replay vs AI so you will actually see most of the problems.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-430 ... p.rpl.html
Tri, the link is dead, could you please upload it again? :(

And @ Alpha I opened the map thread, you could be the first mapper posting his map :)

Return to “English”