Some map editor help

Rapator

Some map editor help

Post by Rapator »

So I got back into Paraworld recently, and I've wanted to muck around a bit more with the map editor. I just have some questions.

-I try painting water with a land texture, but nothing appears to happen. I suspect that this is because I haven't set the height to above sea level (16m?), though, so it's not too much of a problem if that's the case.
-I've been editing the properties of nests, particularly in regards to what spawns from them. Two questions. First, how do I determine the areas in which the animals roam? Second, when I go into the drop-down menu for selecting the animals, some of the animals (original and boosterpack alike, e.g. Deinonychus and Giganotosaurus) are not on the list. Where are they? I think I may not have boosterpack 2 installed, so they're not there because of climate restrictions. But there are animals like Kentrosaurus, Mosasaurus, and Liopleurodon, which seem to be more restricted to certain habitats in the game, so it's a bit weird.
-I was practicing editing with the existing Australia map (mainly because it was missing Kronosaurus, the only actually Australian animal in the game-seriously, guys...). I saved my editing version as a different file. When I opened the game, neither the original map nor my edited version were there. Why is this so? I think I could solve this by moving both maps out of the folder then moving them back in.
-How do you edit a map title/description?
Today is a beautiful day to be stomping on things! As a dinosaur, stomping is the best part of my day indeed!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: Some map editor help

Post by AnthonyCole »

Hi!
First of all, you should install the Boosterpack 2.
Then read the Manual, it will answer all your questions. ;)
Rapator

Re: Some map editor help

Post by Rapator »

Yeah, I kind of did that.

Rendering this topic largely unnecessary. Whoops.

Oh, and I solved the map problem too. I just took one map out and it appeared on the list.
Today is a beautiful day to be stomping on things! As a dinosaur, stomping is the best part of my day indeed!

Return to “English”