Bugs

troodon135
- Multi-Tribe -

Bugs

Post by troodon135 »

i just got two new maps to work but on the first the pterosaurs dont fly and on the second the recources got cut off and so did the starting points and nests. On both you can't choose your faction
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Bugs

Post by Scrat »

1st
Don't use 'normal' pteranodons. Scroll to the very bottom of All->Animals to see the object pteranodon_deco. Place this one to get a flying pteranodon.

2nd
troodon135 wrote:the recources got cut off and so did the starting points and nests
Please explain

3rd
At the task bar where you can select File, Objects, Tools etc.. go to Info and select Player Info. There every player data is set. Select the button called 'Limits' and mark all tribes except of seas, which you can do by clicking one tribe, holding ctrl and clicking the other two tribes. At the end it should look like this:
  • Hu
    Aje
    Ninigi

SEAS
Do that for every player to make other tribes selectable and not only Norsemen.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Please also select SEAS ;) It wont affect normal game and we dont need a #-version :P
troodon135
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by troodon135 »

Ok but i wanted to make the pteranodons attackable. Also, when i tried to make a moasosaurus on a team the game crashed when i gave it commands
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Your question related to Mosasauri has to be answered by someone else. But I know for sure that pteranodons cannot be attacked. We were told by developers that air units were not wanted when the game was developed. As Scrat mentioned, Pts. are only deco object. They would need to be re-programed. It could be that the engine can handle them, no one yet knows if... and also how to code this

The Norse jetpack warriors and the Trader's zeppelin are skimmers... we wanted the zeppelin to be able to fly over mountains but this could not be achieved
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

troodon135 wrote:Also, when i tried to make a moasosaurus on a team the game crashed when i gave it commands
Don't give wild animals to players. It doesn't work. Their command executor scripts don't exist as they were never designed to receiving commands.

@ AyCe
He obviously doesn't have seasmod, that's why he cannot choose a tribe. ;)
troodon135
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by troodon135 »

I do have seasmod
EDIT: is it possible to mod the files to make them able to receive commands?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Scrat, u know the map Coldblooded? :P (SEAS enabled from default)
I had that problem too, it occurs if you do not set the SL in Playerinfo or do it wrong.

Scrat, Kharg & Morgy did this for SEASMOD but it doesnt work for all (Spino..)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Wanna play coldblooded? I kick your ass :P

StartLocation in Player Info is set automatically, but only if you give the Startlocation objects(those yellow bone boxes) that you place in a map to owners. If you have four of those HQ positions, select each of them and give them to players 0-3, then you don't have to do that in Player Info. So the first HQ object, give it to player 0 instead of world, etc... you find it on the first tab of Properties window.

Yeah, well the issue is: E.g. wild brachiosaurus can be controlled because it's also a combat unit, for Dustriders, and that unit you can control, so you can also control wild brachios. A spinosaurus doesn't have an adequate unit, that's why it cannot be controlled. ;)
Kharg
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Kharg »

There's a way to control wild dinosaurs, but it's to hard to explain lol
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓
• Creator of the: • Current Projects:
  • SEASMOD
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓

Code: Select all

Kharg: I'll go to Nottingham on Monday for a 15 days trip! :D
AyCe: Make some screenshots!
wafflefries777

Post by wafflefries777 »

I know this isn't about seasmod but SOMETIMES when I try to play SP it only shows blackness and I can play but the only visisble thing is the ring around the units when you click on them you can't see itss weird also anyone know where to get a fresh copy of paraworld my copy broke :cry: :( :cry: (got scratched up)
wafflefries777

Post by wafflefries777 »

8)
Last edited by wafflefries777 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 16:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Sure. That we might discuss in Tavern or via Xfire. ;)
wafflefries777

Post by wafflefries777 »

Oooops :oops: :P that post was a accident but really do you guys know how to fix the blackness bug without exiting the whole game
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

heya

anybody knows the filename for sunny side up (Sonnenseite) on seasified version? on this map player with HQ1 cannot choose seas
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:heya

anybody knows the filename for sunny side up (Sonnenseite) on seasified version? on this map player with HQ1 cannot choose seas
_MN_MP_2_SUNNY
allerdings, habe auch selbst ausprobiert (+ mit 3 KI) und bei allen hq konnte ich seas auswählen, und im Spiel waren sie alle da
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!

Return to “English”