Resizing maps, how?

Jmaster888
- Multi-Tribe -

Resizing maps, how?

Post by Jmaster888 »

hey guys a have a question. how can i resize a map without the editor crashes? every time when i want to risize one of my maps the editor crashes and it is
very annoying. can somebody help me?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
my Paraworld map(s)
http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1186

AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: resizing maps, how?

Post by AnthonyCole »

Not possible
Jurassic Parker
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Jurassic Parker »

But you can save your current map as a scape template, create a larger map and then put the template on it.
Parker may be an egotistical bastard, but he is easily the best mapper para-welt.com possesses, which at least makes his intolerable arrogance somewhat excusable.
Jmaster888
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by Jmaster888 »

Jurassic Parker wrote:But you can save your current map as a scape template, create a larger map and then put the template on it.
could you tell me how i can template the map?
the map is apobus it's an island but becouse the map was a little bit smaller then i expected ships can't on some places pass.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
my Paraworld map(s)
http://forum.para-welt.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1186

Jurassic Parker
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Jurassic Parker »

With the Scape templates you can copy whole chunks of scape and insert them, even rotated or mirrored somewhere else. A few points need to be observed though:

- Templates are created per scape block, meaning the smallest template is on block of scape

- Templates are always square (2x5 or 10x10 blocks for instance). So to copy more unusual shapes, you will have to copy them as a few pieces until you get the desired area you want to copy.

- All objects which have their zero-point inside the block will be copied as well. Most objects have their zero-point at the centre. All other object will not be copied

- Inserted scape templates cannot be reverted (Undo). You should always save the map before you insert a scape template. So in case of a mishap just close the map without saving and open the map again

- Scape templates replace everything that is underneath them, so it is better not to place object there before you inserted the template.

- Objects within the scape templates will have after insertion only their default values. That’s goes for all resources, nests & regions. So if you altered the value at the original location of the scape template, you will need to adjust the values again at the new location.

- Start locations are copied as well, but the player number (owner) must be set new

- When you mirror a scape template then all the objects will not automatically be turned the right way around again. This you will have to do yourself. When rotating a scape template the object will be rotated as well, but the fine adjustment will have to be made by yourself still

- While rotating or mirroring a template the textures will be slightly offset, so you need to check if lanes, walls and buildings still fit neatly into the landscape. You will most likely have to do some fine tuning.

Handling of Templates:
First you need to create a template. With a right click on a folder you get a drop down menu with which you can create a new folder or delete templates. To create a template you need to click the “Create” button. With held down left mouse button you can now mark the area which you want in your template. To save the template you click the button “Add Selection” and choose a name for it.

You insert a template by double clicking in the explorer window the template of your choice. This template will now be seen as a ghost on your mouse cursor and can be inserted with a left mouse click. With “Rotate 90°” you can rotate the template before insertion. Click twice and it will be rotated 180° and so on. The buttons “Mirr V.” and “Mir. H” mirrors a template vertically or horizontally respectively.
From the official tutorial >.>
Parker may be an egotistical bastard, but he is easily the best mapper para-welt.com possesses, which at least makes his intolerable arrogance somewhat excusable.
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zidell »

AnthonyCole wrote: Sat May 01, 2010 8:23 am Not possible
Possible
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Resizing maps, how?

Post by Scrat »

9 years later and it works :D
doesn't it screw up the individual objects' placement though?
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zidell »

This method removes all objects and scape textures
Like on global sav map
Zidell
- Dragon Clan -
- Dragon Clan -

Post by Zidell »

Actually I was talking about scaling
Resizing doesnt work well, but still works, you just need to resize one block at a time
But scape templates is still the best choice

Return to “English”