MIRAGE Discussion

A custom mode with cool features including the SEAS as a playable nation
(knows also as Funmode)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: MIRAGE Discussion

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Hmm dinos were afaik all day active..
well, lets say there were no nightactive animals (but now there are a couple - like trade dinos, mobile hq)
Scrat wrote:make the eusmilus and smilodon nightactive
instead of invisible
smilodons were never invisible :) but ofc Warden-animals should be active during night, otherwise they would be even lesser used (if thats even possible xD)...
Scrat wrote:then they can ambush the enemy in the night while everyone else is sleeping
thats not a bad idea, but neither a good one tbh
not to mention day/night-cycle is only optional (so that in off mode nothing changes), but also that eusmilus riders are invisible until attack is a good feature
Scrat wrote: Eusmilusreiter: Hält weniger aus als Keiler oder Kentrosaurus, ähnelt beiden insgesamt zu stark.
-> Erhält Tarnfähigkeit bis er angreift (wie Ninja oder Muraeno-U-Boot). Dadurch ideal für kleine oder große Überraschungsangriffe. Ein Trupp zu einem schlecht bewachten Eingang, und die Arbeiter haben Party. Tarnen wird sich eine Katze genauso gut können wie ein Typ im schwarzen Anzug^^

- Getarnte Eusmilusreiter klingen sehr mächtig, aber erforden nur umdenken. Bei zu einseitiger Verteidigung können sie zum Verhängniss werden, aber gegen Mauern und Türme kommen sie alleine nicht an, sodass die Arbeiter geschützt sind. Im offenen Kampf ist ihre Tarnung weniger nützlich. Und außerdem, wofür gibt es Heiler und ihr "Aufdecken"?^^
Scrat wrote:Wird schwer umzusetzen, aber nicht unmöglich. Die Idee würde ich als passend und gut unterschreiben.
so the best would be that eusmilus riders are also active during night, but with the new upcoming hero-system everything may change...
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
Kharg
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Kharg »

Nice work! :D
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓
• Creator of the: • Current Projects:
  • SEASMOD
▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓

Code: Select all

Kharg: I'll go to Nottingham on Monday for a 15 days trip! :D
AyCe: Make some screenshots!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

MrMorgana wrote:Question of the day:

should the current system with temple upgrade remain (barracks and garage have healing-aura upgrade for infantry/cavalry - respectively) or should the laboratory (engineering bay) serve as both temple and weaponmaker (upgrades' invention place)?
What about to keep the upgrades and make the labor/engibay have a heal aura too?
so the upgrades for barracks and garage would be available at later epochs (4/5); at a higher cost than building a engineering bay; they function only the given unit types (infantry/cavalry+machines); they heal faster/more than engibay

What do you think?
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

not to much response yet :)

btw i'm still missing the other mirage co-leader... :|
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

Henry, my response from earlier
Anakey wrote:i say keep it as it is, as the seas have more advanced technology then any of the other tribes, i would think that they would have specialized facilities for the units produced at that particular building rather then having one place that would be able to fix everything.

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Anakey wrote:Henry, my response from earlier
i meant the post about having both :)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

just a quick announcement:

i came to the conclusion, that from the next version the campaign mode is taken out from MIRAGE because:

1) Lots of work to always update the maps (disabling new units/upgrades which would make the missions imba, etc.)

2) The AI tries to do (triggered) actions, which it shouldn't anymore, and it causes few missions to crash always at a certain points, what must be fixed/changed, and i hate always playing through every mission to find such issues, if i make new features or change old ones to make a better and interesting multiplayer mode

3) The SEAS is a LOT weaker since we balanced to multiplayer (at a certain degree), so its not so challenging anymore (if it ever was)

4) All the game changes makes the campaign a little too much easy (especially if someone uses supply mode) which either must be contra balanced with further editing/modding the missions (i don't think we should change the old, working things) or disabling features (which makes pointless to play the old campaign with Mirage)

5) Silly cause, but the original campaign is for the old paraworld, teaches/prepares players how to play the old game with the original features, etc, and it should stay so -> new mode needs a new campaign to do the same, but...

6) ...if i would have the time to work also on a campaign and overall mapping, then i would rather help with new missions for CEP (which i'd like to do) or making /helping with/ multiplayer maps (which i already do)

7) And the most important thing is: since there is gonna be a HUGE change within Mirage, like the 'new hero system', its impossible to keep the current and the upcoming gamestate/style co-existing within the same mode -> taking out the (current) campaign will be a MUST (like there is no way to script the AI to handle the 2 different system)

Honestly the original campaign is best played with Vanilla PW or Boosterpack (or even CEP, but then again the SEAS is lot weaker).

Don't be suprised that the campaign button will be missing from the next version (will not be a bug ^^ and will be listed in Readme file anyways)

If anyone thinks single player campaign is important and should be developed, then please JOIN US to make new missions for the community expansion pack, it has top priority now

So thats it, thats all, new version comes soon ;)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I have always considered this to be an aweful lot of work and I think that focusing on the multiplayer mode should be a first goal that can possibly be achieved. But to allow people to play the campaign in a kind of experimental way couldnt you keep it in but hide it somewhere or somehow...? I would like to play through the campaign again, and make use of the many new units like flyers
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

What you still could do, is turning the campaign into a mission mode for singleplayer maps (so no real campaign, but if anybody submits singleplayer-maps, you can play them that way)

-> this would require a rewrite of the campaignmgr (or use the cep one with changed stuff)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Triceratops wrote:I have always considered this to be an aweful lot of work and I think that focusing on the multiplayer mode should be a first goal that can possibly be achieved. But to allow people to play the campaign in a kind of experimental way couldnt you keep it in but hide it somewhere or somehow...? I would like to play through the campaign again, and make use of the many new units like flyers
until now i always disabled such things like flying units etc., but maybe i should simple let players play on the original, unchanged maps, with all the new stuff...
AnthonyCole wrote:What you still could do, is turning the campaign into a mission mode for singleplayer maps (so no real campaign, but if anybody submits singleplayer-maps, you can play them that way)

-> this would require a rewrite of the campaignmgr (or use the cep one with changed stuff)
this actually sounds great (still, somehow i doubt that many singleplayer-maps would be submitted ^^)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat, if you read this, i just wanna let you know, that new rc is done, and assassins creed is included (we tested it, and it was pretty good :D)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

MrMorgana wrote:Scrat, if you read this, i just wanna let you know, that new rc is done, and assassins creed is included (we tested it, and it was pretty good :D)
Wonderful! Will be testing in xmas holidays. :)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

i made just some changes to the map, and with a tt filter the assassins have now their original weapons (longer poison duration with same total damage)
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Arvinder is still missing, just before the next official release =(
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

okay, new version is online
MIRAGE 2.5.1
enjoy (and test it please ;))
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

so, if anyone would like to use wintermode stuff (norsemen and dustriders christmas models and user inteface) just use MIRAGE.info in this archive:
MIRAGE info.zip
(686 Bytes) Downloaded 390 times
extract it, and overwrite the original (make backup!) in ...\Sunflowers\ParaWorld\Data\Info (... -> pw installdir)

There is also the original info file, so if you forget to make a backup, you can use it, just rename properly (from MIRAGE_original.info -> to MIRAGE.info) and replace the one in Info folder with it
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I will test Mirage with my brother in LAN during the christmas holidays. Thanks for this nice present, Henry!
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Arvinder, i'm making a new tooltipp system and i would need your help (by making (cc) 16x16 icons for enddamage and hitrange)
Please come online as soon as you can :|
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Arvinder, is everything fine with you? You said two months ago, that you'll come back soon.
You are really missed by now :(
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Today I played Mirage for five hours. It was very enjoyable. I found several problems I report here:

Jetpack warriors
Good unit, gets very deadly if levelled up and upgraded

Problems:
Should they be able to enter tranports? Just asking...

Arch Druid
Healing does not work when he has entered a transport like the zeppelin or the steam tank after about 10 seconds. Thats annoying

Zeppelin
He can transport a steam tank only if the tank is empty (logic?)
Anakey
- Honorable Old Guard -

Post by Anakey »

Tric, for the steam tank, did you try the tank with only a few amount of passengers or with the tank full, if its full then it would really be 11 units so it can't then go in the transporter which only has 10 slots. The same happens when trying to load a mobile camp that is transporting already 10 passengers onto a transport turtle it won't work if the first transport is at full capacity. If however it is not going on when the transport only has for example 9 units and the 2nd transport is empty then it is a bug

Thanks to Henry for making the animation
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Triceratops wrote:Today I played Mirage for five hours. It was very enjoyable. I found several problems I report here:

Jetpack warriors
Good unit, gets very deadly if levelled up and upgraded

Problems:
Should they be able to enter tranports? Just asking...
they can enter transports, unless they are in flymode (flying units can't enter transports, because allowing it would cause a long list of problem
Triceratops wrote: Arch Druid
Healing does not work when he has entered a transport like the zeppelin or the steam tank after about 10 seconds. Thats annoying
it happens also with normal pw, because the linking gets broken for some reason, like when units stay standing in midair altough they should be on an open transporter basket, just in case of zeppelin or like steamtank the unit is invisible, so you don't see it standing somewhere else. i'm trying to find the reason for the linking break...
Triceratops wrote: Zeppelin
He can transport a steam tank only if the tank is empty (logic?)
just like Anakey said, the total passengers number may not exceed the passengers slot of the class 2 transporter. so its not only zeppelin, you also can not mount a full steam tank into a transport ship because the total passengers count is 11 (>10), etc.
to mount a single steam tank into a class 2 transport (which has 10 slots like zeppelin), the tank may not have more than 9 units inside, or even less if the zeppelin has other units inside already
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Question: make that dr mobile camp can produce workers while in transport unit, those workers are in transporter then. brachio camp too. :?:
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Post by MrMorgana »

Scrat wrote:Question: make that dr mobile camp can produce workers while in transport unit, those workers are in transporter then. brachio camp too. :?:
units inside of transport units can't produce or invent anything, and everything already started is halted till the unit is dismounted from transporter (which i slightly changed, so that mobile hq's epoch invention isn't halted while being in a transport)
otherwise the produced units would just die, if for instance the transport turtle or zeppelin is on/over water :)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

So no way of letting them pop at right in the transporter?

Return to “MIRAGE”