Singleplayer cutscene bugs

ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Singleplayer cutscene bugs

Post by ParaworldFan »

Well all we know about cutscene and sequences. And if you will be really attentive you will see some of mistakes between world presented in cutscenes&sequensecs and real game area. Great example will be mission 13 where we see a good difference between seas base in game and cutscene. Even landscapes bugs, between same locations but different maps is seen. Example mission 5 and 13. Pay attention to the bridge location near the city wall from left. And you will see difference. The most offense encountered bug that is where in cutscene we see ho we encounter the enemy squad which we will fight after the sequence. The interesting mistake is that in cutscene shown one units while in game appear another. Example: mission 5: cutscene with mother which talking about kidnapped daughter. We see lot of different troops leaded by their captain. While in game no matter which ldifficulty level you put, the type and count of soldiers their level will be different. Like how pirate captain always disappear after every cutscene. Also, pirate captain in each cutscene have different type of weapon😆. Game position of game appaering unit is different with cutscene final unit position. Cutscenes buildings or units often have wrong placement in game, and different from cutscene, example seas_steelwork from mission 14 (wrong rotation). As well, as appearing some game objects in cutscenes as highly damaged while in game they were already destroyed or not damaged at all. So guys, I would like to fix atleast some of them which can be fixed and don’t affect the gameplay really. So, what do you think about that guys?
Scrat
- Mod -

Re: Singleplayer cutscene bugs

Post by Scrat »

is that even possible? afaik they recorded the scenes ingame and converted them into little movie files. if they changed the game afterwards and didnt re-record the scenes, they might be impossible to fix. see e.g. the allosaurus from the first dustrider mission, in the entry cutscene it's a completely different animal.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I didn’t meant to fix cutscenes, I meant to update game area to them. For sequence and cutscenes, where it’s possible. Sadly in mission 5 is impossible to fix landscape, cause fixing one mistakes will leading to make another...
P.S Allosaurus what about you talking looks very familiar to ceratosaurus tbh
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Hi! You can open the cutscene files and most missions and edit them, but it's very error-prone and you need to be careful.

As for why they did it: Cinematic Effect 8)

It just looks cooler having the already destroyed base still burning as a backdrop to the heroes talking.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I didn’t meant to edit cutscenes. Each sequence is written protected.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

You could disable write protection. You will have to, when fixing stuff like not wanting the burning buildings, since this info is stored in the seq file.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I didn’t meant to edit building cutscenes. I ll just make the buildings inveruable in stage of burning, and make them able full be destroyed only after cutscene. But you got me, I am wondering how can I disable protection if sequence? Is there any kind of tutorial?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Right click on file in windows explorer, open properties, and uncheck read-only?
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

I ll check it
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Does the same trick work for protected maps and mirage ones, which cannot be opened in SDK?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Mirage maps can only be opened in the Mirage SDK (same for CEP and Boosterpack).

I have no idea how Henry managed to open protected SEK maps.
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Okay, well that’s sad
ParaworldFan
- SEAS -
- SEAS -

Post by ParaworldFan »

Return to “English”