Does AI use sea units in skirmish?

solzchenitzin

Does AI use sea units in skirmish?

Post by solzchenitzin »

Hi everyone:
I ask this question because I've played several skirmish games and I haven't seen AI creating naval units nor invading my island by sea.
Do you know anything about it? Maybe it is necessary to modify the AI files.
Thank you again.
MrMorgana
- Admin -

Re: Does AI use sea units in skirmish?

Post by MrMorgana »

solzchenitzin wrote:Hi everyone:
I ask this question because I've played several skirmish games and I haven't seen AI creating naval units nor invading my island by sea.
they actually do produce naval units, at least they are trying, if it possible
but sometimes they forget to do certain things (like to build walls), or they simply occupied already the place needed to build up a harbour (especially SEAS used to do this ^^)
The Dustriders are nomads, who endlessly roam the parallel world with their tamed dinosaurs, which they use both as riding animals and as powerfull combat units, designed to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies.
Feel the power as you destroy enemy after enemy using the T-Rex Titan, the king of dinosaurs!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

The PW AI is one of the worst. Just build a wall around your village and it is unable to attack you ... -_-
wafflefries777

Post by wafflefries777 »

solzchenitzin wrote:Hi everyone:
Thank you again.
What hack are you using?? :P The AI always attacks me by sea and transports units to my island. Consider it a blessing. :wink:
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Depends on the Map settings. You can tick harbour and watermap in level info. Or try the map “great sea“.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I usually play the balanced AI and it mostly has problems on some fan-made maps. I saw a making-of video shortly before the game's release in 2006 about how the AI was created (it was really good for its time) and the devs gave an one hour long interview about its mechanics and how it has to be adapted to a larger map pool. There are some fan-made maps and some AI settings where exactly happens what you report here. This does also still happen on some of the official maps. And yes it is annoying. That's why I scout my enemy within the first minutes. I end the game if the AI has interrrupted its build order

To answer your second question, check your Paraworld folder for the AI scripts. You can edit them with a text editor like notepad.exe
solzchenitzin

Post by solzchenitzin »

Thank you very much.
Tyranno
- Multi-Tribe -

Post by Tyranno »

in the normal PW the ai attackt me on clover with Transport ships and tryt an Invasion :D
Tyranno Destroy's any Resistance !!!
Tyranno Der Thread Necromancer

Return to “English”