AI failure on user-made maps

Rapator

AI failure on user-made maps

Post by Rapator »

I've been downloading some user-made maps and playing on them in the single player mode.

There's one problem. Often, the AI sides-friend and foe alike-will simply stop doing anything. The workers will just stand around idle, and there won't be any raids on my base or attempts to take relics. This isn't the case in the beginning of a game, but it is nearly always the case by the end.

Why is this so?

I'm using the boosterpack version of Paraworld (1.05) in case that is any help.
Today is a beautiful day to be stomping on things! As a dinosaur, stomping is the best part of my day indeed!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: AI failure on user-made maps

Post by AnthonyCole »

If you select random, the AI MAY become the state "Passive". If an AI is PASSIVE, it does not do anything ;)
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

Does this happen with AI level 8-9 as well?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Yep
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

ok
Rapator

Post by Rapator »

Ah, so that's what it's been doing. I've been picking random all this time, so it makes sense.
Today is a beautiful day to be stomping on things! As a dinosaur, stomping is the best part of my day indeed!
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

I mean random AI-Type (Aggressive/Defensive/etc) not random tribes, those are okay ;)
Entoursis

Post by Entoursis »

Have the same error sometimes if I play on custom map from Mappack.

At first I had a lot of problems with my enemies. Usually enemy AI tries to attack me in 2-5 minutes causing some problems in beginning. If not, it still makes some "bad things": builds towers right near my base, steals my resourses etc. But something started to happen on custom maps from time to time: AI not only sits still without any attempt to attack me, but do not show any signs of his presence - not even a single worker aproaches my base. I always thought that my enemy simply makes an army to destroy me, so I simply stay at my base for 10-15 minutes, go up to 3 or 4 epoch, create some brachs, mamoth or saltas and with a large army go to the enemy's base to find out that all that brachs I bought was just a waste of meat: looks like I play versus a real player who went away for a cup of tea. My enemy is still in T1, there are only few buildings and some workers. And I at the same time already managed to research 4th epoch. Strange.
And finally I found out what a hell is goind on. I started a 2V2 game on a custom map with an AI controlled teammate. His behavior was really strange. Firstly all his workers went for food, then (after the maximum was reached I think), for some tree, and then all teammate's workers started to stand still and do nothing. After 2 or 3 minutes all his army moved to fight some allosaurus, and lost. Workers, instead of building some barracks and farms to regain army, continued to do nothing.
I am 100% sure that that time AI's type was defensive, not passive. Also this never happens on default maps.

Have you ever seen errors like that and do you think it is possible to avoid problems described above?

Thanks.
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

Yes, unfortunately this happens on some maps. Reasons are, the place is too small, no ressources in the area... or just some other reason.
How to fix? I cant think of a fix for this. Just playing another mission. :( maybe clearing the cache helps?

Return to “English”