DC Ninja - Shuriken Special Move

Scrat
- Mod -

DC Ninja - Shuriken Special Move

Post by Scrat »

Hi,

as many of you may have noted, the shuriken (mid-ranged attack) is the primary attack for the DC ninja, the one he uses first despite the katana (close combat) sword deals much more damage. This might be a little unconvensional as the primary attack usually deals the biggest amount of damage (e.g. archers, mortars with their puny daggers, etc etc).

Now I know that issue is quite trivial and barely noteworthy, but nevertheless I have this idea:

A little change in the system so the katana sword is the only attack for the ninja. The shuriken toss could be rendered into a special move that deals a great amount of damage to a single target (and is hardly visually represented, like it is already now, so it's like a stealthy, weaker headshot without any prediction whatsoever).

What do you think?
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Re: DC Ninja - Shuriken Special Move

Post by AnthonyCole »

Hm. I don't think the ranged attack should become a special move - I find it much better if units attack automatically without me having to tell them every single thing.

But I agree that its strange the ranged attack is the weaker, yet by default chosen one. But what to do about this? Micro-management is needed: you have to select the unit manually, move it next to the enemy and attack. A special move would need the same micro-management (just the other way round). Hm.
Triceratops
- Mod -

Post by Triceratops »

I like Scrat's idea and it makes sense. We could also make a button that lets people toggle between both modes (setting a preferred attack mode)
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

AnthonyCole wrote:Hm. I don't think the ranged attack should become a special move - I find it much better if units attack automatically without me having to tell them every single thing.
Well set your units to aggressive stance :P

The toggle idea is nice too, this way they can still attack while on top of a transport unit
AnthonyCole
- Admin -

Post by AnthonyCole »

How about a toggle action (like NM warrior) to select between preferring ranged and close ranged attack.
Scrat
- Mod -

Post by Scrat »

Yeah, I like that.

Toggle options: 1. Standard (use both at ninja's own discretion), 2. meelee, 3. range.

Let's include it to next CEP and Mirage?

Return to “English”